NBA 2022-23 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They could win the title.

They could miss the playoffs.

Neither would shock me at all.

Kyrie will be on his best behavior because he wants another contract. Simmons doesn’t need to shoot to make an impact. They were the one seed despite missing Kyrie for most of the season until KD got hurt.

It would be bad to sleep on them. I lean more towards title contenders than out of the playoffs.

Kyrie always a wild card to implode tho

Kaboom!

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1587507793283919873

giphy.gif

What was he suspended for? And is this a good decision re Nash? Surely not his fault.

Nash can't coach. That's evident to anyone who has watched the Nets the last 2 years.

Udoka was suspended for violating organization rules. Had an affair with a subordinate female staffer and apparently used some very crude language dealing with her prior to the affair. The full story hasn't come out, but those who are aware of it have all been in agreement that what he did was pretty bad.

Nash can't coach. That's evident to anyone who has watched the Nets the last 2 years.

Udoka was suspended for violating organization rules. Had an affair with a subordinate female staffer and apparently used some very crude language dealing with her prior to the affair. The full story hasn't come out, but those who are aware of it have all been in agreement that what he did was pretty bad.
I'm going to disagree on Nash.

Not because I think he CAN coach, because I don't KNOW if he can coach... because I don't think anyone can coach this trainwreck.

This is all I know about Nash as a coach...
-- he was a toe away from an eastern conference finals with two of his best players injured
--the had the team in first place last year, despite the Harden/Simmons and Kyrie drama, until KD got hurt.

So? Yea evidence is actually leaning more towards yes, he can coach. But jury is still out.

The biggest question is whether or not anyone can coach a team with Kyrie on it.

This will be Kyrie's 10th coach in 12 seasons, and the third head coach in Brooklyn alone (fourth if you coach Jacque Vaughn)

Player who lobbied publicly and extensively for firing of coach "shocked" that said coach was axed.

So excited. Fiance got me and the fam Bucks tickets for Saturday night. I just hope the Bucks don't give Giannis a rest day because it's against OKC.

For nearly a week, Tsai kept extending the clock to give Irving a chance to get this right for himself, the franchise and the Jewish community -- and Irving never returned a single of his text messages

In an email outlining the suspension to his agent, the conditions needed for Irving's reinstatement included a public statement recognizing the film is antisemitic, an apology for supporting the film and the falsehoods within it, and training sessions on the dangers of hate speech, sources said. There would also need to be meetings with Brooklyn Jewish leaders too, Marks said to reporters on Friday morning.

Four hours after learning of his suspension, Irving issued a statement on his Instagram page that went further than he had gone in the previous week.

"To all Jewish families and communities that are hurt and affected from my post, I am deeply sorry to have caused you pain, and I apologize," Irving wrote.

"I initially reacted out of emotion to being unjustly labeled Antisemitic, instead of focusing on the healing process of my Jewish Brothers and Sisters that were hurt from the hateful remarks made in the documentary."

Marks called the apology a "step in the right direction," but "certainly not enough," on Friday.

welp - it's entirely likely that Kyrie has played his last game for Brooklyn, and not impossible that he has played his last game in the NBA.

So seeing as the Nets are in full on implosion and free fall - it begs the question... where does KD finish the season? Because at this point I'd be shocked if Feb 9 comes along and he's still a Net. Frankly I'd be shocked if January 1 came along and he was still a Net.

welp - it's entirely likely that Kyrie has played his last game for Brooklyn, and not impossible that he has played his last game in the NBA.

So seeing as the Nets are in full on implosion and free fall - it begs the question... where does KD finish the season? Because at this point I'd be shocked if Feb 9 comes along and he's still a Net. Frankly I'd be shocked if January 1 came along and he was still a Net.

Normally I'd say we'd take him in Milwaukee but I don't want him messing with our mojo.

Normally I'd say we'd take him in Milwaukee but I don't want him messing with our mojo.
You do not want him

I don't think anyone is going to want him going forward.

He may play again this season, but he doesn't have a contract after this year, and barring something shocking, I don't see anyone giving him a contract.

Beijing is nice this time a year

I'd be really curious to see some in-depth reporting about where all this stuff began with Kyrie. I followed him closely in Cleveland - he was my favorite player for a long time though obviously not anymore - and the suggestions there were he took a dramatic turn in temperament after the championship. Like immediately after, to the point that he wasn't even celebrating.

I'd be really curious to see some in-depth reporting about where all this stuff began with Kyrie. I followed him closely in Cleveland - he was my favorite player for a long time though obviously not anymore - and the suggestions there were he took a dramatic turn in temperament after the championship. Like immediately after, to the point that he wasn't even celebrating.
I believe the story is that instead of celebrating with his teammates he called Kobe on facetime instead.

The flat earth stuff started in early 2017. I think that was our first big sign that this guy might be a coocoo bird.

There are any number of otherwise smart and reasonable persons who have been turned into coocoo birds by the internet, especially over the last few years.

Further proof that we can't have nice things.

Last edited:
I just finished Cavs-Lakers. A lot has been made of LA's terrible shooting. If this game is any indication, it's not that their shooters are bad per se - rather that a huge percentage of their shot selections are really bad: long, contested twos, bull-rushes into triple-teams, etc. Really odd for a LeBron-led team; usually he facilitates super well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom