NBA 2021-22: Ben Simmons and Kyrie Walk Into A Bar While Talking About The Lakers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like the Wolves the best.

The trim colors on the sides that match the old Spectrum floor logo puts Sixers over the top.

images

If I were a Philly fan, I'd want one of those jerseys.

The trim colors on the sides that match the old Spectrum floor logo puts Sixers over the top.

images

If I were a Philly fan, I'd want one of those jerseys.

oh i think Philly's are in the top tier, don't get me wrong.

i love the use of the Spectrum colors on the jersey - i do think it's a bit odd to actually include the spectrum logo on the shorts, though. i also find it weird that the Knicks have the MSG Network corporate logo on the side of their shorts.

https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1455511004620726277

i have a journalist friend who got an advanced copy of this a few weeks ago and told me that it's full of crazy hot takes like this.

it's long past time for a reckoning on Scottie Pippen. While there's no doubt that they both needed each other - Pippen needed Jordan more than Jordan needed Pippen. Any insinuation otherwise is revisionist bullshit.

https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1455511004620726277

i have a journalist friend who got an advanced copy of this a few weeks ago and told me that it's full of crazy hot takes like this.

it's long past time for a reckoning on Scottie Pippen. While there's no doubt that they both needed each other - Pippen needed Jordan more than Jordan needed Pippen. Any insinuation otherwise is revisionist bullshit.

Ha.
Jordan would have been a superstar even if Preston and Ethel had decided that 11 kids was enough and no need for an even dozen.
On the other hand, if Scottie went to a different team, he'd have been a journeyman NBA player and largely forgotten by now.

Ha.
Jordan would have been a superstar even if Preston and Ethel had decided that 11 kids was enough and no need for an even dozen.
On the other hand, if Scottie went to a different team, he'd have been a journeyman NBA player and largely forgotten by now.

what baffles the mind is that, like, Jordan averaged 37 a game the year before Scottie got there. but, ya know, pippen made him a superstar. right.

the irony of ironies is that nobody has upped their profile from the 90s more than Scottie Pippen. any time a new list of ratings of players come out, inevitably you'll see Scottie listed higher than players who nobody in their right god damn mind you would have ever traded Scottie Pippen for.

i've had people actually try and tell me that Pippen was better than Ewing, and it took every ounce of my being to not punch them in the face.

a common bron-stan argument is "Jordan didn't beat anyone and he played on a super team because he had Pippen" - which is a comically bad take.

Last edited:
what baffles the mind is that, like, Jordan averaged 37 a game the year before Scottie got there. but, ya know, pippen made him a superstar. right.

the irony of ironies is that nobody has upped their profile from the 90s more than Scottie Pippen. any time a new list of ratings of players come out, inevitably you'll see Scottie listed higher than players who nobody in their right god damn mind you would have ever traded Scottie Pippen for.

i've had people actually try and tell me that Pippen was better than Ewing, and it took every ounce of my being to not punch them in the face.

a common bron-stan argument is "Jordan didn't beat anyone and he played on a super team because he had Pippen" - which is a comically bad take.

That "bron-stan" argument is terrible, as is Scottie's own take that MJ wasn't a superstar before he got there, but Hewson's take above that Pippen would've been a "journeyman" if he hadn't played with Jordan is also bad(thought he may not have been serious?).

He probably wouldn't have won six championships, and it is less likely he would've made the Top 50 at 50, but I think he'd still be one of the GOAT defensive players, a proto-type point forward, a freak athlete with a high basketball IQ, a perennial all star, and that he would've made any team better.

Players need to show more respect to circumstance. Talent goes a long way but being in the right situation is also crucial. See being an NFL QB. What if the 49ers drafted Rodgers #1 and then started him year 1?

Mike Breen saying bing bong live being the highlight of the season is something I’m willing to accept.

Or Detroit.
Yeah Cleveland as I mentioned does have some talent. Doubtful they end up over .500 or even terribly close to that, but they'll be the ones to sink the under on those 3 teams.

Also, meant to post after watching the Celts stomp the Heat Thursday night that my assertion that the Heat's city uniforms are the worst of the bunch was a bit off based on only the picture of the front.
Now having seen the full uniforms and how they handled player numbers on the back, instead of ranking dead last, they somehow rank far lower than that.
What awful trash uniforms.

I have no earthly idea why Morey continues to expect a top-tier player back for Simmons. The ship sailed on that a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom