US Politics XXXVIII: "Patriots" vs Reality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We really have become too comfortable in our lives. Boredom has taken over and so a vast majority of people need to invent problems to stroke fear and anxiety in order to feel a purpose in life.

It spirals out of control which in turn ruins whatever comfort one has built up in their life.

It's just so sad to watch millions of people fall down these rabbit holes, and for what? A sense of gratification that they're part of a small group of resistance fighters ready to take back the country / world.

It's also very obvious that strong women break men's brains. Taylor is a billionaire. She could go to any sporting event, any event she wants. Yet she had to use an NFL player, a popular one no doubt, but Travis wasn't getting this amount of attention before Taylor......all in order to infiltrate the NFL audience and get a trip to Vegas for the Super Bowl. So she can endorse Joe Biden, which will cause him to win 2024 and start WWIII

Yes Taylor is threatening because she's a powerful female billionaire and because she finally spoke out politically however many years ago, in spite of whatever risks that had for her career or for her personally.

There's a clip in which she tells her father that she has to go public about her feelings about Marsha Blackburn. It's obvious that her father didn't want her to do that.

I can state that I'm tired of seeing the Taylor / Kelce romance every Sunday. It's over the top, I don't care and it's being presented like it is something that matters. I understand that to millions of people, it is pretty cool to see your idol during a NFL game. Back in the days maybe I would have thought it'd be cool if U2 were to show up to a sporting event consistently despite it also annoying loads of people.

But to take it to where MAGA has, with the hatred of women, conspiracy theories - full on delusion....

Say it again, we are a society of really bored people.

Yes I'm tired of the Taylor stuff during football games too, it's obviously been ratings gold for the NFL so that's why they do it.

I saw video of Roger hugging a Chiefs player Sunday after the game, was like nothing I've ever seen before. Roger seemed extremely happy that the Chiefs got into the Super Bowl $$$$$$$$$$

Taylor will even be there after her concert in Japan, that must be part of the conspiracy too.

She’s not my cup of tea but if this RWNJ bs somehow results in a full-on TS Biden endorsement campaign to turn out the youth vote, she will - again - have the last laugh.

before this weekend i thought the networks were going too far by showing T-Swizzle after every single thing Kelce did.

after seeing the MAGA meltdown - i hope CBS puts her in a split screen at all times throughout the Superb Owl.

in fact - to copy what ESPN does with the ManningCast or with the different university themed broadcast of the national championship games... why not turn TruTV into Super Bowl (Taylor's Version)? Just have a camera constantly following her throughout the game. Maybe with a split screen following KillaTrav getting another vaccine.

After holding up his father’s severed head, he says he now controls and commands “America’s police and military,” and calls for the execution of federal employees, and puts bounties on the FBI director, the Attorney General and the Chief Supreme Court Justice.

He rails against the LGBTQ community, the Black Lives Matters movement and “terrorist organizations such as anti-fa.” He calls for the seizure of federal buildings and says federal employees should be “publicly executed for betraying their country.”

just another day in MAGA America.

I watched a clip of The Herd, and he broke down the TS / Conspiracy stuff pretty well. He said the total amount of time TS was shown on tv during these games was anywhere from 15 - 25 seconds.

He also said that the total amount of actual football played on a broadcast was 18 minutes. The rest is analyst talking, promos, cutaways, and commercials. So it's not like we're missing anything.

As for the severed head MAGA killer, yes he was arrested and being held without bail. Will be interesting to hear when exactly his decent into darkness began. What a horrible, horrible story and I feel so bad for that family

As for the severed head MAGA killer, yes he was arrested and being held without bail. Will be interesting to hear when exactly his decent into darkness began. What a horrible, horrible story and I feel so bad for that family
But he's acting US President, so he has immunity to commit a crime that crosses the line.

Speaking of....not much of an expedited review of the immunity. It's been almost a month and still no decision.

There is no chance that his DC trial happens March 4th. Hard to say if the Alvin Bragg / Hush $$ trial occurs in March as he was willing to move the dates around the Federal trials.

fb3837184c29f1a7afc1b92282008943.gif

BEAL - "Say it again, we are a society of really bored people."
I dunno, BEAL. Are you talking basically about Middle & Upper Middle Class white people?
I don't think many people of color are. Nor working class, and the poor.

Not that sure about Middle, Upper Middle Class either. Some, maybe. Those who feel "sheltered" in general from the rougher aspects of life (in the USA)?
Those who don't pay attention to politics?

Last edited:

The hope is maybe it’s a 2 month push.

I wouldn't fret. It most likely won't be a long push, but if it's even a month push, then the NYC trial could go on prior to the DC case. They're both scheduled for March.

Now it gets censored here, but what exactly is incorrect about what he said? Yes it's not Presidential but neither was Trump. Ever

I freaking love Dark Brandon

Politico.com

President JOE BIDEN has a reputation for salty language behind closed doors. But it nearly slipped out in public during his speech at Valley Forge last month to mark the third anniversary of the Jan. 6 insurrection. Animated and angry, he derided DONALD TRUMP and his followers for drawing glee from political violence.

“At his rally, he jokes about an intruder, whipped up by the Big Trump Lie, taking a hammer to Paul Pelosi’s skull,” Biden said.

“And he thinks that’s funny,” the president continued. “He laughed about it. What a sick …”

Biden let his voice trail off as the crowd cheered and chuckled.

In private, he doesn’t stop short.

The president has described Trump to longtime friends and close aides as a “sick fuck” who delights in others’ misfortunes, according to three people who have heard the president use the profane description. According to one of the people who has spoken with the president, Biden recently said of Trump: “What a fucking asshole the guy is.”

The White House declined to comment

I wouldn't fret. It most likely won't be a long push, but if it's even a month push, then the NYC trial could go on prior to the DC case. They're both scheduled for March.
I think Bragg is still going to wait on the immunity ruling to try and not start his and all of a sudden the DC courts finally come back.

It’s completely baffling as to what is taking so long for this immunity decision. It has now taken over a month for something that was supposed to be expedited and fairly straightforward

I think Bragg is still going to wait on the immunity ruling to try and not start his and all of a sudden the DC courts finally come back.

It’s completely baffling as to what is taking so long for this immunity decision. It has now taken over a month for something that was supposed to be expedited and fairly straightforward
The immunity actually doesn’t have any relevance in the NYC case.

Here’s another nugget to think about. Some of the details that are going to come out of the DC case are going to be extremely damning for Trump. And they will be made public. What better timing to have this case happen just a smidge closer to election day.

The immunity decision would affect the timing of all the trials.

It’s still a bit ridiculous it’s taken this long to decide. Odds are the decision will end up going to the SC. Not that anyone is going to say a President has immunity, it’s just more delay delay delay.

It’s still a bit ridiculous it’s taken this long to decide. Odds are the decision will end up going to the SC. Not that anyone is going to say a President has immunity, it’s just more delay delay delay.
It doesn’t affect the NYC case at all.

the reality is that court cases take time. they're long, drawn out processes. nothing about any of these trials has been especially slow in comparison to your normal trial.

what was long, drawn out and slow was the initial response from the Department of Justice - which only sprung into action once they were embarrassed by the January 6 Committee's hearings.

Well Democrats, time to show us that you know how to do this. The Republicans literally handed you a victory not only in the White House, but the Senate and Congress. They need to shout it from the mountain tops that this is now the “GOP Border Crisis”. Repeat it over and over and over for the next 9 months.

GFqdbD8WwAAXyGU

we really are setting up for a full on constitutional crisis and complete erosion of the rule of law... or, ya know, business as usual.

there is NO WAY the Supreme Court can rule in favor of Trump on the immunity issue or on the insurrection issue other than pure partisanship. all of the arguments being made - in both cases - quote conservative judges. the arguments are originalist in nature. it's clear and obvious.

so either SCOTUS rules that states are allowed to rule that Trump is ineligible to be on the ballot, and they argue that he does not have immunity... or we no longer have a functioning Supreme Court and the rule of law falls apart.

Happy 2024, folks! We're only getting started!

Back
Top Bottom