US Politics XXXVIII: "Patriots" vs Reality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It still baffles my mind that we are a country where one of it's leading candidates for the Presidency is a 4x indicted, 91 count felon, rapist, fraud who ALSO led a coup/insurrection against the very Government and country he would lead again.

And 40-47% of the country + the media treat this as normal or "shrugs shoulders".

Just anoint him King already....

Surprised, or not surprised, that the coverage over what's going on at the Texas border is not getting more attention.

You have the Gov of Texas defying the Supreme Court and Constitution, and now nearly all Red state Govs declaring their support of Gov Abbot. Seems a bit confederacy.....

Ah, changes, changes.
Such an extra, extra upcoming crazee time (unfortunately) here in the USA I should hang out here having gone through Presidential elections from ?'08 onward on this site.
I'm also on democraticunderground.com
(non official site of Democrats, [usually Moderate to Very Liberal] some Independents, some Progressives.)
Plus they have a quarterly volunteer team that kick out trolls!
While alot are older 60 - 85+, also a good amount 40s - 50s, some 20 - 30s.
And (I) having been on at Interference here since ?03 actively - i know a lot of y'all ain't "Spring Chickens" aanymore!

So *why* add another site to look at?
It's a
great site started by devastated Dems after HW Bush was declared the winner by SCOTUS.
In this ultra nail-biting year with so many people on their site -news travels fast, and usually gets posted fast ( a sub forum for Lastest News of past 24 hrs) often with many different threads & posts on political news. International news, too.
Sometimes getting news quickly, and having some people to discuss it with is helpful emotionally, as well as useful.
Quite active multiple subjects Off Forums area, as well (I've discussed U2 occasionally). A lot of fun, with interesting info of all kinds.
Plus emotional support, and suggestions when posters are having challenges, or crisis.

Last edited:
I don't disagree that she's awful, but insulting the intelligence of women who "dare" to challenge him is one of his trademarks. And yes he insults the intelligence of men too, I know that.

At least he didn't say she's got blood coming out of her wherever?

I'm no fan of Nikki Haley and would never vote for her. Just not in the mood for more of Trump's sexist tropes, especially after the E Jean Carroll verdict..

But he is a pathological man baby narcissist, so of course he can't stfu.

GFBVslEWwAASBoO

sure, sweetie.

Wow that OAN is some cuckoo crazy stuff, and people who watch it believe every word of it.

There is some really bizarre conspiracy stuff online about Taylor Swift too. And of course the govt set her up in a fake relationship with Travis Kelce in order to promote the poisonous death shot.

The serious part of it all is that it's making her a target for all kinds of unstable people who believe this crap.

Yes she has the best security that money can buy and they go everywhere with her. But still stressful and worrisome for her and her family. And these fools have no regard whatsoever for that.

The serious part of it all is that it's making her a target for all kinds of unstable people who believe this crap.

Yes she has the best security that money can buy and they go everywhere with her. But still stressful and worrisome for her and her family. And these fools have no regard whatsoever for that.
Just wait until Trump mentions her at a rally. She'll have dozens of psychos at each of her homes with guns looking for her.

Back
Top Bottom