US Politics XXXVIII: "Patriots" vs Reality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) - Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia announced Thursday that he won't seek reelection in 2024, giving Republicans a prime opportunity to pick up a seat in the heavily GOP state.

Manchin and Sinema did a good service to the country shutting down the original White House 'Build Back Better' boondoggle. When inflation was still being insisted upon as 'transitory.' It was discussed quite a bit back then in the forum.

Lots of heat for those two senators.

Maybe more to come now for Manchin?

Fuck around with women and try to take away our basic fundamental right to have autonomy over our own bodies and health and find out.

Of course they could always try to take away our right to vote. The way things are today I'm sure that's a subject that might actually be brought up in the backrooms where these guys (and some women too) congregate.

I listened to Limbaugh back in the early '90's - keeping an eye on the enemy so to speak.
I remember after Bill Clinton was elected (certainly not perfect, but a good President) how the ditto heads were calling up, and waning to take away the vote from women. :mad:

Losing Roe v Wade was such a fucking shock! (maaaaybe not quite surprised). Infuriating!!!!!

Someday, women will be seen as people first by a very high % majority of Earth's population.
If I make to 95, and cogent (long lived both sides of family, and remaining prettysharp) I hope at least there'll be an increase in equality. Not sure even 25 yrs will get to the highest level.
:( :waiting:

Last edited:
I reserve the right to change my mind. But until/if then -

As a 2nd Gen half Ukrainian-American -

NO concessions to Dictator Puttin!!!!! :mad: :fist:

IF a real majority (and not just the Eastern section of the country) Ukrainians accept concessions that's a different story. They're the ones directly suffering for the most part except for Ukrainian-Americans here losing relatives, and good friends over there.

Last edited:
People actually believe that drain the swamp crap?

It's literally their entire thing. They feel that 'Murica doesn't care about them, only immigrants and gays, and that's why their life sucks.

In response to this they vote for people who give tax cuts to the wealthy, because they also target the people fox news has told them is the reason for their struggle.

To truly honor veterans vote for people who truly support veterans by voting for programs that veterans desperately need. Not people who say a bunch of bs then vote against those programs.

Don't vote for people who publicly disparage any veteran, as in well we know. While not serving at all themselves, of course.

And of course it's always a good thing to thank a veteran today. My Dad was a veteran, I miss him and honor him for his service.

iu

46+ attacks on U.S. service members since the Israel-Hamas War was sparked.

Steven Cheung, a Trump campaign spokesman, told The Post “those who try to make that ridiculous assertion are clearly snowflakes grasping for anything because they are suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome and their entire existence will be crushed when President Trump returns to the White House.”

trump spokesperson - we are not violent fascists, but if you say we are we'll fucking kill you.

The media is failing us big time.
But we also share some of the blame for being willfully ignorant.

I feel maybe 20 years ago any of the stuff that Trump has spewed out would have ended his campaign. Now that everything is entertainment, it's great!

RNC came out this weekend stating even if Trump is convicted, if he wins the primaries, he's their guy. Let's just hope his losing streak continues.

The media is failing us big time.
But we also share some of the blame for being willfully ignorant.

I feel maybe 20 years ago any of the stuff that Trump has spewed out would have ended his campaign. Now that everything is entertainment, it's great!

RNC came out this weekend stating even if Trump is convicted, if he wins the primaries, he's their guy. Let's just hope his losing streak continues.

Oh the media is 100% to blame, even the MSNBC's of the world. They love the ratings and they even create false hysteria constantly to get people to keep watching.

Hamas has command node under Al-Shifa hospital, US official says
By Jake Tapper, CNN
https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/13/politics/al-shifa-hospital-us-intelligence/index.html

A US official with knowledge of American intelligence says Hamas has a command node under the Al-Shifa hospital, uses fuel intended for it and its fighters regularly cluster in and around Gaza’s largest hospital.

The information comes after comments made Sunday by a top White House official that Hamas is using hospitals and civilian facilities.

“You can see even from open-source reporting that Hamas does use hospitals, along with a lot of other civilian facilities, for command-and-control, for storing weapons, for housing its fighters,” National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan said on CNN’s State of the Union. “Without getting into this specific hospital or that specific claim, this is Hamas’ track record, both historically and in this conflict.”

Israel has insisted it is justified in taking military action around the hospital, despite criticism from the UN and other international organizations. The Israeli government announced it has created evacuation corridors and called for the removal of civilians, in addition to providing fuel.

Hamas and hospital officials have denied the accusation that the hospital is being used as a command center.

More details of a long-standing situation with no real end in sight.

I know people will chuckle and call these people clowns, etc.

But we are seriously heading towards a very very dark place. When you cannot debate ideas, even bad ones, violence is always the next step.

oh i have no doubt about that.

my entire thought process around trumpism was that it would end in violence. well - we had violence. i could hear it form my house. the national guard drove down my block.

and the thing is? it didn't end anything. they've dug in further, and the majority of the american public doesn't seem to care one way or another.

i'm terrified of 2024.

LOL while Sean O'Brien also looked like an idiot, I do respect a witness actually going off on these dumbass GOP reps. I've been waiting for a moment like this for a while. I've always been a bit sad that I'll never get to go toe to toe with Gaetz, Jordan or MTG. I would have so much fun with them. With Gaetz, I'd probably just repeatedly say "You like 17 year old girls" until his head bursts.

Oh the media is 100% to blame, even the MSNBC's of the world. They love the ratings and they even create false hysteria constantly to get people to keep watching.

Honestly, I blame "Survivor" and "Real Housewives." Those shows are what gave birth to the Trump you see today.

Back
Top Bottom