US Politics XXXVIII: "Patriots" vs Reality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you want to see a nuanced response that condemns Hamas but also takes serious issue with certain Israeli policies that hurt Palestinians check out -

www.tikkun.org

Tikkun Magazine originally in print, then added digital now on line only run by Rabbi Michael Lerner. Can't remember how I happened upon it.

It's a Jewish, Interfaith and Secular magazine.
It's quite good.

Sounds like people inside Gym’s circle are leaking that today could be worse for him. Whether they’re trying to create bad news only for him to prevail or if it comes true remains to be seen.

Biden releases statement that he agrees it appears the Hospital blast came from the other team and that evidence needs to be produced as many many people don’t believe the IDF/Israel

There are pictures coming out of the hospital blast and…..clearly something happened there but it does not look like a strike that would have killed 500+ people. It’s no less tragic, but it appears the rocket hit a parking lot.

And the media has completely failed us. It’s only important to be the first to break news, not be accurate.

Knowing that your sources are Hamas or the IDF….me thinks it would be wise to wait for more facts to come out.

Embassies are on high alert all over the region, and other countries have canceled meetings with Biden over the narrative that Israel killed hundreds in a hospital.

Also, half the squad here in the US….while i do align with a lot of their policy ideas I’m kinda tired of their immediate bashing of America / POTUS during this crisis. Calling Hamas attacks a resistance, and blaming Biden for war crimes has irritated me.

They are elected officials and you’d think they would want to have the facts before releasing statements. They are behaving much like their counterparts in the GQP. I’d be good with finding a better option in primary.

Sounds like people inside Gym’s circle are leaking that today could be worse for him. Whether they’re trying to create bad news only for him to prevail or if it comes true remains to be seen.

I think he’s toast and that’s such a relief. This guy is basically a mini Trump. He only crested chaos.

There’s talk of the bow tie guy getting more power as temp speaker and it’s probably best path forward at this point.

A temporary speaker seems likely. There's zero chance Jordan gets the votes. At least with McCarthy you knew where the no votes were coming from. Jordan's no votes are all across the board, and apparently there's a solid 8 to 10 blue district Republicans who promised him one yes vote only, so it might get worse. I don't know why he's putting himself through this, but I'm always happy to see that human scum get humiliated.

I think that Biden saying the missile that killed God knows how many people in that hospital in Gaza appears to have been launched by the other "team" is deplorable and there's no excuse for it.

There are no TEAMS in this tragic situation, and he needs to choose his words extremely carefully. Full stop, end of story. It's war, not a sporting event. And ABC news just reported that it had all the hallmarks of an Israeli missile. Who knows, no definitive proof will probably ever be revealed.

Protestors at the US embassy in Beirut right now, this is just going to get worse and worse. The US being on the "team" that Israel can do wrong here is not going to work out well.

Biden just said that based on the information he has seen the hospital attack appears to be the result of an errant rocket launched in Gaza.

Like I said, who knows. Just to make it clear I'm not in any way shape or form defending the terrorist evil that is Hamas. Will never do that.

More and more reports are coming out that it was a failed rocket from the Palestinian Jihad group.

While “other team” may not be the best choice of words, we know Biden sometimes misspeaks. Not cause he’s old, but it’s just how his mind is. I don’t take it as any harm. It’s definitely less harmful than other politicians rhetoric.

But what Biden does do well, is speak with empathy and connection.

https://x.com/acyn/status/1714647415637098894?s=46&t=7qdYZNgiKjw76N1iFrMMAw

How many US Presidents would say that “we made mistakes”. Maybe that was another gaffe on his part, but I’m not sure others would word it this way. He again comes out and assures the world that we don’t see Palestinians as evil, that only Hamas falls into this category

And immediately after meeting with Bibi, Israel is allowing humanitarian aid into Gaza with more to come.

I do not support Bibi and his administration. I consider them on the same level as Dubya and even Trump. He bears a lot of responsibility for the innocent lives lost from Hamas attack (with Hamas responsible being the root cause). Biden calling out similarities between 10/7 and 9/11 is necessary. Israel cannot destroy innocent lives for revenge. Hunt down Hamas but there needs to be a diplomatic and peaceful solution.

At this point I’m not even sure any evidence will change minds. It’s like the world is the black knight from Monty Python. So delusional and attached to beliefs and views that the truth cannot penetrate thru

At least he didn't say team this morning. Frankly it's something Trump would say, and I hold President Biden to a much higher standard than that.

I voted for the guy so I believe I have the right to do that. No place for those kinds of words or gaffes in what is already an extremely inflammatory situation.

Haha one Congressman yelled "No Election Deniers" when voting for Jeffries. Really enjoying the current troll job and what an embarrassment for the GOP.

Oval Office address tomorrow night on the wars in the Middle East and in Eastern Europe.

In the last week and a half, the terrorist attack on Israel has rightfully taken up all the oxygen in the room. The war on Ukraine and the huge losses there can't be downplayed or tossed to the side.

Seeming like the hospital bombing was an errant Islamic Jihad rocket and not IDF.

Foremost happy that 500 people don’t seem to be dead.

Sidney Powell just pleaded guilty and part of this plea deal is to testify against other defendants. Ruh roh Trump. I could have predicted this but OMG TRUMP IS GOING TO GET AWAY WITH IT ALL!!!!1111

i'm curious to see how emboldened the non-MAGA wing of the GOP is now that Jordan has been completely rejected.

my gut says probably not much, and they'll be back to being cowards in no time. but there is a chance here for them to push back even more if they choose to do so.

I keep thinking that the party will truly blow up after Trump gets crushed in the election (as well as losing the house again), but I'm starting to wonder if it's happening a bit earlier than I thought.

I keep thinking that the party will truly blow up after Trump gets crushed in the election (as well as losing the house again), but I'm starting to wonder if it's happening a bit earlier than I thought.

it'll be interesting to see the poll numbers for some of these blue state republican congresspersons who have come out strong here against Jordan. it's sad - but nobody has any actual backbone anymore, at least not anyone left. but if their poll numbers stay steady or even jump a little, you might actually see some of these assholes finally turn against trump.

if their poll numbers drop, Gym will be speaker on January 3rd.

Seeming like the hospital bombing was an errant Islamic Jihad rocket and not IDF.

Still, a plenty good enough reason for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas not to meet with a U.S. presidential delegation.

Aid from the U.S. still on its way to Gaza.
Hopefully, the aid gets into the hands of those it's intended for.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...itarian-assistance-to-the-palestinian-people/
Civilians are not to blame and should not suffer for Hamas’s horrific terrorism. Civilian lives must be protected and assistance must urgently reach those in need. We will continue to work closely with partners in the region to stress the importance of upholding the law of war, supporting those who are trying to get to safety or provide assistance, and facilitating access to food, water, medical care, and shelter.

If anyone is interested in some background info on President Abbas, look up the book 'The Other Side: The Secret Relationship Between Nazism and Zionism.'

The author, you guessed it, Mahmoud Abbas.

So, I’m all for Greta’s message, but I have no idea what people find so personally compelling (or repelling) about her.

well after her post this morning i'm sure the numbers on the repelling side of the fence will grow - which is a shame because her main cause is, ya know, existential to our continued existence.

F30lB2TXkAA-Mae

seems important that he flipped

Back
Top Bottom