US Politics XXXVIII: "Patriots" vs Reality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why is the GA logo so small on Trump's? Different booking room? Added later? Everyone else photo it's like 1/8 of the photo on the left and Trump's is like half the size logo.

The real mugshot even better

He went with the classic Blue Steel.

Guess Magnum wasn’t ready

The amount of hours Trump practiced the mug shot look in the mirror must be astounding. God just please have a heart attack so we can get our lives back.

LOL. I'm 6'3' and 220, and I'm kinda lanky to be honest. a slight dad belly. I would put him easily at 245.

I’m 6’5” and 245. I’m definitely carrying some extra weight (knee injuries and surgery will do that…) but still look kinda lanky with a slight dad belly. Trump is at least 270.

https://www.wtrf.com/top-stories/donald-trump-was-listed-63-215-lbs-here-are-the-athletes-that-have-the-same-height-and-weight-as-trump/

Cameron Maybin
John Elway (playing)
Larry Fitzgerald
Eric Gordon
Lamar Jackson
Kirk Gibson (playing)
Terry Bradshaw (playing)

Tom Brady is said to be 6'4" 225. Yes obviously there's the whole muscle vs fat thing. Tom is not very muscular and is very thin, still weighs more than Trump and is only an inch taller? Lol

ABC News

President Joe Biden on Friday weighed in on former President Donald Trump's mug shot.

Biden, who is vacationing in Lake Tahoe, chuckled when asked by reporters whether he'd seen the image yet.

"I did see it on television," Biden responded.

When asked what he thought, Biden replied, "Handsome guy. Wonderful guy."

Only in America...

Reuters -Former President Donald Trump has raised nearly $20 million in the past three weeks, a period that roughly coincides with his indictment in federal and state cases connected to his false claims that the 2020 election was stolen from him, Trump's campaign spokesman said on Saturday.

Since appearing Thursday to have his mug shot taken in a racketeering and fraud case in Atlanta, Georgia, the former president brought in $7.1 million, Trump spokesman Steven Cheung said on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.

On Friday alone, Trump brought in $4.18 million, making it the highest-grossing day of his campaign so far, Cheung said.

Crazy how all of these "Trump is going to get away with it" scenarios just keep not panning out!

PS. It'll be hard for Trump to win this case due to the evidence. At minimum, obstruction of justice will be guilty. He will be in prison. Probably a nice one, but still prison.

Crazy how all of these "Trump is going to get away with it" scenarios just keep not panning out!

Has he been found guilty ? You don’t know the future any more than us worry worts.

Let the system play out. He will appeal everything.

Is it likely he escapes Justice ? No.

Can shit happen? Yes.

I don’t even give a shit about Trump, I’m worried more of any GOP nominee taking over.

We keep acting like things are normal and they are not. The primary focus of 2024 should be on the climate / economy.

Instead it’ll be about culture wars and whatever shit Trump is up to next…..and how Biden and Dems are basically the same

F4n_xAJXcAAix7D

confirmed roomer

Has he been found guilty ? You don’t know the future any more than us worry worts.

Let the system play out. He will appeal everything.

Is it likely he escapes Justice ? No.

Can shit happen? Yes.

I don’t even give a shit about Trump, I’m worried more of any GOP nominee taking over.

We keep acting like things are normal and they are not. The primary focus of 2024 should be on the climate / economy.

Instead it’ll be about culture wars and whatever shit Trump is up to next…..and how Biden and Dems are basically the same

Not yet but he most likely will. I'm just happily pointing out that literally every doomsday scenario that's been mentioned has not happened.

https://apnorc.org/projects/bidens-age-is-a-significant-concern-for-voters/

August 28, 2023

"About three quarters of the public think Joe Biden is too old to effectively serve as President of the United States. While Republicans are more likely to think so, most Democrats believe it as well.

Although Donald Trump is only three years younger than Biden, only about half of the adults agree that he is too old to effectively serve another term. While a large share of Democrats think Trump is too old, significantly fewer Republicans think so."

https://apnorc.org/projects/bidens-age-is-a-significant-concern-for-voters/

August 28, 2023

"About three quarters of the public think Joe Biden is too old to effectively serve as President of the United States. While Republicans are more likely to think so, most Democrats believe it as well.

Although Donald Trump is only three years younger than Biden, only about half of the adults agree that he is too old to effectively serve another term. While a large share of Democrats think Trump is too old, significantly fewer Republicans think so."
While concerning, this is why we are thankful that he will be running against a guy who's literally serving a prison sentence.

Not yet but he most likely will. I'm just happily pointing out that literally every doomsday scenario that's been mentioned has not happened.

Except the entire Trump Presidency...

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Republican
lawmakers voted Monday to temporarily silence a Democratic member of the so-called Tennessee Three during an already tense House floor session after determining the member violated newly enacted rules designed to punish disruptive members.

The move directed at Rep. Justin Jones prohibited him from speaking on and debating bills for the remainder of the day, which came a week into a special session that Republican Gov. Bill Lee called in reaction to a deadly shooting at a Christian elementary school in Nashville in March.

The House and Senate are locked in an icy standoff over what to pass as families close to the shooting have increasingly voiced their frustrations with the legislative process. Various mental health, juvenile justice, school safety and other proposals are among what’s being considered.

Republican legislative leaders aren’t taking up any significant gun control changes, including the governor’s push to keep guns away from people judged to pose a threat to themselves or others.

The vote to silence Jones prompted loud cries and chants that drowned out proceedings for several minutes even after the House speaker ordered the gallery to be cleared out.

Moments prior, Jones had been criticizing legislation that would have allowed more law enforcement officers in schools and began listing other resources that the state should be providing.

House Speaker Cameron Sexton had warned Jones not to stray off topic. Under new rules adopted by the GOP-dominant chamber last week, members can be silenced anywhere from a day to the rest of the year for not sticking to the bill being debated.

“What our schools need are mental health professionals,” Jones said. “We need funding for mental health, for counselors. We need to pay our teachers better. We don’t need more police in our schools.”

Sexton then ruled Jones out of order, setting up a vote on whether to quiet him for the rest of Monday’s session.

What happened next was a chaotic flurry of legislative proceedings, where Democrats outraged at the decision to move ahead to try to silence Jones for the day began pleading with their GOP colleagues to change their minds. Republican lawmakers remained unconvinced, however, with 70 GOP members voting to silence Jones. Democratic members then angrily left the chamber with Jones.

The crowd, which included gun control advocates urging change in a special session after a deadly Nashville school shooting in March, shouted “fascists” and “racists,” and Sexton ordered troopers to clear out the gallery of the public.

“Look, House rules are House rules,” Sexton told reporters afterward. “We voted on it. Might not like the rules, but the rules are what they are.”

Many in the crowd remained in the stands, and their cries of “vote them out” and “Whose house, our house” drowned out the legislative proceedings for several minutes, enough at one point that a Republican lawmaker said he couldn’t hear what he was supposed to be voting on.

Earlier that session, Sexton warned Jones he was nearly “impugning the reputation” of Republican Rep. Gino Bulso by calling Bulso’s bills “reprehensible,” “asinine,” and “insulting,” including one being discussed at the time that would allow private schools with pre-kindergarten classes to have policies allowing guns on campus.

Democrats noted that Bulso himself had been told to stay on topic, including when he said Jones “continually misrepresents facts to the public,” then later said Jones “makes outrageous statements,” without being put up for a vote on whether he should be silenced.

Not long after, Jones said lawmakers should “stop trying to put more guns to start a gun fight in our schools that would not protect our children. What is one little Glock against an AR-15?”

Sexton then declared Jones out of order.

Back
Top Bottom