US Politics XXXVI: Special Masters of our Domain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It also pains me to say it, but just being honest, if Donald Trump got the shit beat out of him by some random nut, I can't say that I wouldn't giggle a bit (lot). But I also wouldn't go on Social Media and joke about it.

So as much as I'm also disgusted by the GOP for their comments on Mr Pelosi, there's probably a bit of pot calling kettle black in our criticisms. I never would have even dared to admit this until Trump came around too, just shows how things have changed in our society and it's pretty sad.

It also pains me to say it, but just being honest, if Donald Trump got the shit beat out of him by some random nut, I can't say that I wouldn't giggle a bit (lot). But I also wouldn't go on Social Media and joke about it.

Try again.

https://www.u2interference.com/foru...live-at-the-sinema-223045-51.html#post8372784

Irvine511 wrote "Rand Paul works for Putin." Mikal replies "Coincidentally, both deserve to be beaten up by their neighbors."

That was not half a year ago that you wrote that.

But hey, points for at least mentioning the attack on Rand Paul. In doing a search of the story in this forum, you seem to be the only one who ever even mentioned it (though please correct me if I'm wrong). That's it. If not for that lone post, anyone reading FYM would never know that a sitting Republican U.S. Senator was violently attacked at his home, resulting in several broken ribs and the removal of part of his lung.

Sure, some people mentioned the attack, though. Like the daughter of the Speaker Of The House, who tweeted "Rand Paul's neighbor was right." Or the current Democrat nominee for the Senate in Iowa, Mike Franken, who tweeted "Wasn't Rand's neighbor more than a little in the right?" And, of course, the random Facebook and internet comments (as in the Paul Pelosi attack) were vile. Celebratory and joyful and full of saying he deserved it.

But in here.... crickets.

And it's not just that. I could go on. The man who showed up at Justice Kavanaugh's house just a couple months ago, armed to the hilt, ready to assassinate him? That got not a single mention in this forum. Again- please show me if it did. I could be wrong.

Last edited:

I would joke about it if it were Trump Jr (because karma). But no, I wouldn’t be making jokes if someone attempted to kill a former President, no matter how much of an asshole he is.

Try again.

https://www.u2interference.com/foru...live-at-the-sinema-223045-51.html#post8372784

Irvine511 wrote "Rand Paul works for Putin." Mikal replies "Coincidentally, both deserve to be beaten up by their neighbors."

But hey, points for at least mentioning the attack on Rand Paul. In doing a search of the story in this forum, you seem to be the only one who ever even mentioned it (though please correct me if I'm wrong). That's it. If not for that lone post, anyone reading FYM would never know that a sitting Republican U.S. Senator was violently attacked at his home, resulting in several broken ribs and the removal of part of his lung.

Sure, some people mentioned the attack, though. Like the daughter of the Speaker Of The House, who tweeted "Rand Paul's neighbor was right." Or the current Democrat nominee for the Senate in Iowa, Mike Franken, who tweeted "Wasn't Rand's neighbor more than a little in the right?" And, of course, the random Facebook and internet comments (as in the Paul Pelosi attack) were vile. Celebratory and joyful and full of saying he deserved it.

And it's not just that. I could go on. The man who showed up at Justice Kavanaugh's house just a couple months ago, armed to the hilt, ready to assassinate him? That got not a single mention in this forum. Again- please show me if it did. I could be wrong.

I appreciate you digging up my old post after my attempt to actually call out the fact that the issue is on both sides.

I'll never forget your kindness in doing so.

Try again.

spare me your delicate sensitivities over our lack of concern over Rand Paul.

Give me a fucking break.

Rand Paul was tackled by a neighbor who was pissed because Paul kept leaving yard clippings on the edge of their property line. Paul cracked some ribs when he hit the ground and the man landed on top of him. this happened in 2017. TWENTY SEVENTEEN.

IN NO WAY is that the same thing as someone being cracked in the skull with a hammer because one of the two major political parties has refused to disavow crazy ass conspiracy theories.

there will ALWAYS be examples of whataboutism that you can point to. there is zero doubt that there are people on the left who have said dumb things. feel free to post them all.

the difference, and wooo buddy it's a rather large difference, is that the left has not embraced violent conspiracy laden rhetoric like Q-Anon. the left has not embraced wide scale, democracy threatening lies about elections. the left has not shrugged off absurd and refused to renounce absurd, dangerous rhetoric around Pizzagate.

and the kavanaugh incident? you're right. it flew under the radar. it was during a period of crazy news events - the january 6 commission starting, roe v wade being overturned - and the details came out slowly. it likely didn't seem as serious at first because the alleged assassin turned himself in before actually making an attempt on the justice's life.

but yes - it wasn't a topic. and maybe it should have been. did you bring it up back then? did your other drive by GOP poster bring it up? no? why not? why did you, too, ignore it? or are you only bringing it up now because it's a Fox News talking point? i digress.

but sure, let's discuss the kavanuagh incident and compare it to this one. this was Biden's response to the kavanaugh incident...

WASHINGTON, June 8 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden condemns the actions of the man who said he planned to kill Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, the White House said Wednesday.

Biden “condemns the actions if this individual in the strongest terms,” Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said. “Any threats of violence or attempts to intimidate justices have no place in our society.”

In the immediate aftermath - Pelosi dropped objections to the bill to add more security to federal judges. It was held up because the demcorats wanted to also include clerks and other judicial staff in the bill - which republicans did not want.

But in the wake of the attack? She pushed it through despite their objections to not including clerks in the bill. Because it was the right thing to do.

Now why don't you compare that to the reactions that prominent republicans have had in response to Paul Pelosi's skull getting cracked open by a follower of Q-Anon?

https://twitter.com/JoshSchwerin/status/1586061415202566144

https://twitter.com/MaddowBlog/status/1587283966180163584

oh but sure sure sure... clutch those pearls about how we missed Rand Paul getting tackled over yard clippings 5 years ago.

I'm just still really thankful that he called me out after actually confirming that his argument is somewhat true in a couple cases.

That really made my morning.

Whataboutism is all the rage. I don't recall anyone saying that the neighbor grass clippings attack was a false flag, or that Rand Paul was having sex with grass clippings guy and it was all a coverup.

As for Kavanaugh I don't condone anyone threatening the life of another human being. I can't stand Kavanaugh, but nope I don't condone that ever.

But god damn it, Joe Biden called some MAGA supporters SEMI-FASCISTS!!!

And Hilary called half of republicans deplorable!!!

They really need to tone down this language or someone on the other side of the isle will get hurt

I'm a bad ass muthafucka that once posted something violent on a U2 message board. Pelosi's attacker aint got shit on me.

These words make you no better than anyone who stormed the Capitol on January 6th.

Violence is violence.

I mean I was kinda hoping covid would kill the dude. I’ll be honest. Again, same reason as with what I said about Trump Jr.

Karma is a bitch. Im not here for the nth order of karma. Trump = bad man = deserve to die is false and terrible. But Trump = mock/downplay covid = you get what you deserve.

Ok maybe “hope” is a stretch. I don’t hope death on anyone. But I would’ve found it justified by nature and would not have minded if it happened.

Richard Ri get, a D candidate for a Pa Hous seat, was assaulted and knocked unconscious in his backyard after receiving election-related threats.

Both sides.

But what would Bono think? :lol:

What would Bono think of those who support politicians that look the other way after an insurrection, or when their wrestlers get abused? Or ones that support domestic terrorist, homophobes, racists, and pedophiles?

Oh but whoops, one poster said he'd be ok with a Russian compromised racist President succumbing to the virus he ignored, thus causing hundreds of thousands of deaths.

What would Bono think of those who support politicians that look the other way after an insurrection, or when their wrestlers get abused? Or ones that support domestic terrorist, homophobes, racists, and pedophiles?

Some of that is out there, yup.

this is the fault of moderate republicans who just "went along with it" rather than jumping ship at the clear and obvious threat and danger that was Trump/MAGA

Fgi9LNeVQAA7s5c

this is the fault of moderate republicans who just "went along with it" rather than jumping ship at the clear and obvious threat and danger that was Trump/MAGA

Fgi9LNeVQAA7s5c

For sure. Bunch of cowards who were so pissed off after Jan 6th and then after regrouping, decided that the "healing" would be for us to never talk about it again.

Divided American government is healthy.
Voters overwhelmingly choosing a slight course correction will not kick off the end times.

Divided American government is healthy.

Voters overwhelmingly choosing a slight course correction will not kick off the end times.

It’s healthy when both sides actually believe in the fundamental institutions and roles of government. It’s not healthy when one side is neck deep in “it’s a republic, not a democracy” authoritarian power trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom