Rank U2's new songs of 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Window In The Skies, meh.

Saints doesn't count. Not an original U2 song. I can't be bothered with it anyway but it was fun live, better than ABOY would have been.

Window in the Skies - 4/10 - it gets worse with every listen
Saints - 6/10 - just ok

Window In The Skies - 5
The Saints Are Coming - 7

I know it's all down to personal taste but when you consider a song like With Or Without You would be a 10, why would anyone rank Window In The Skies in the same bracket?

Varitek said:

OMG :heart: iz this a new song where is it wuz it leekd where can i here the beech clip pleaZ share!!! :drool:
It might have a bit too much showgayship for EYKIW. :drool:

Canadiens1160 said:
1. Knights of Cydonia
2. The Saints Are Coming
3. Window in the Skies

:lmao:

I don't know why I even bother with these threads. I guess it's the entertainment value in seeing extremely negative or extremely positive posts.

I can't rank these songs. I think they're both good but not great. Depends on my mood which one I prefer.

Have u herd Nites of Cydonia: off-road vehicle chandelier point remix? :drool: I'm looking 4 a copy if any1 has it. Itz suppozed to be gr8! I hearz itz the best u2 song 4 the millenium forget year.

Varitek said:
Have u herd Nites of Cydonia: off-road vehicle chandelier point remix? :drool: I'm looking 4 a copy if any1 has it. Itz suppozed to be gr8! I hearz itz the best u2 song 4 the millenium forget year.

It's all mine! You're not getting your grubby fake fan hands on it! :madspit:

Canadiens1160 said:
It might have a bit too much showgayship for EYKIW. :drool:

You need to drop that word from your vocabulary...and don't be cute and ask which word, because you KNOW which word.

Canadiens1160 said:
1. Knights of Cydonia
2. The Saints Are Coming
3. Window in the Skies

:love:

I loved WITS the first time I heard it, but now I'm kinda sick of it, maybe it's because I overplayed it, or because the excitement of "oooh, a new U2 song!" has worn off :shrug: I don't think it's anything special. 4/10

Saints; I liked the cover, I think they did it well... 7/10

BTW, Knights Of Cydonia = 25/10 :drool: and live it's even better :wink:

Last edited:
Ummm......wasn't their decent cover of Leonard Cohen's "Tower Of Song" released this year?

:looks it up:

Yep, it was.

Silly people. And they call themselves fans.

1. Tower Of Not As Good As The Original Song

2. The Skids Ain't Nothin'

3. Window On The Shits

window in the skies is not what a good U2 song is, this is the opposite: at first listen you love it, by the 10th listen you are sick and tired of it
im sick and tired of WITS, really cant listen to it anymore:down:
saints its a point better, at maybe 5 out of 10
Rubin won't bring anything great to U2 in the future, U2 must see this clearly and bring back the producers who have brought the best in them......i think its too risky to try and experiment with new producers at this stage in their carreer.....at least WITS its not what we expect from U2

Back
Top Bottom