Quiet, please. Observe strange sounds in Randoooomdadoomdadoom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my sister wanted to know why I just didn't crawl into bed and sleep......that would have been a great idea if I wouldn't have slept until 11 and then taken a nap from about noon to 2 :reject: I'm usually wide awake until at 3 am when I work......

wow...I can't believe the floods in Fargo. I think it must happen every few years and each year it's worse than the time before. It's weird hearing about it from my friends in MN on facebook and not seeing it on the news nonstop. Even though Fargo is the next state over, this always becomes MN concern too and anyone that can goes up to help out.

Today was a major homesick day so finding out news online that affects home was rough. Between my sister being gone so long and then hearing from a voice from the past last night, I've just been a miserable mess all day. :sad: Plus even though my Papa is feeling better, I still want to see him and give him a great big hug.

the poor dog will not go out because of the wind. I know she needs to go so I just turned on the lights back there and stood outside with her. Instead of going potty she barked at the neighbors dog who was also probably locked up all night because of the wind and power outage. :doh: Two more nights after tonight and then her mother will be back and I won't have to worry about anything but finding Lily so we can snuggle and not because I'm worried she's lost and I also won't have to try to interpret Roxy's constant whine by the back door. :crack: I'm going to tell my sister that the next time she leaves for 2 weeks, I either go with her or go somewhere else because I don't think I want to be in charge of her girls ever again for this long.

Today: Snow likely after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 36. Breezy, with a northeast wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Tonight: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 27. Windy, with a north wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Sunday: A 50 percent chance of snow before 1pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 38. Breezy, with a north wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
It's Spring! :rant:

Hockey or no hockey, that is the question

TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 8 TO 12 INCHES ARE EXPECTED BEFORE THE SNOW
DIMINISHES LATE SUNDAY MORNING. LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS ARE
POSSIBLE IF HEAVY BANDS OR THUNDERSTORMS SIT OVER AN AREA FOR A
PROLONGED PERIOD OF TIME.

IN ADDITION TO THE HEAVY SNOWFALL...NORTH WINDS OF 20 TO 30 MPH...
GUSTING AT TIMES TO 35 MPH ARE EXPECTED. GUSTS MAY REACH 40 MPH
NEAR THE LAKE. THE COMBINATION OF HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS WILL
CREATE BLIZZARD CONDITIONS AT TIMES. TRAVEL IS EXPECTED TO BECOME
VERY DANGEROUS OVERNIGHT.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER
CONDITIONS DUE TO SNOW ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT
AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY
TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...KEEP AN EXTRA
FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN
EMERGENCY.

Simply delightful....................
J is coming in from Madison, Can't get a hold of N..........
Dinner/hockey/concert qualifies as travel in a emergency, right?

BTW there is nothing, nothing scarier than a grocery store before a snowstorm up here...........down by kelly, hurricane covers that angle.

I've had the most rotten headache all day. :angry:

:hyper: my sister is FINALLY coming home tomorrow afternoon!!!!!!! What a loooooooong two weeks. It's so weird because I hardly ever see her, especially when she was working full time, but it was very hard to be here this long with her gone. I'm working early so I can leave for an hour or so to pick her up and then go back to work. I wish I could just have worked even earlier than they told me to come in and then be done for the day when she calls at 4:30-5:00 but.....nope, have to go back. I can't wait to see the dog and cat's reactions when she walks in the door. :cute:

It is all white here again :( and I have to go shovel later. Must charge ipod.
It is not as bad as they said it would be, though, only about 6 inches and windy.

Going to the hockey game last night was fun, cuz it had just started snowing/sleeting. Downtown it was mostly sleet :crack: The parking garage only had spots available on the upper (exposed to the elements and all their glory) level. We got out and began walking down and it was just ice. We slowly made our way back into the car and looked for parking elsewhere.
The Admirals lost :down:
Styx (the post game concert) was, er, um, fun :shifty:

total waste of time to go back to work. When I left I had already worked 5 hours. We're all on 6 days this week plus between Fri and Sat I had put in 3 extra hours each day. I could have easily only worked that 5 today and been fine. I got back, sat with my supervisor while she ate dinner, helped (more like socialized) with a tiny little project, then made a few little things that weren't needed for anything and could have easily been done tomorrow. But hey I got another 3 hours in. We have a HUUUUUUUUUUGE few weeks coming up starting this Friday so we need to prep which is why we have to be there for 6 days but I really could have left at 4:00 today and not returned. Oh well. The Passover/Easter/Spring Break/Spring Conference season is upon us. From this Friday until April 20, I will be at work every single day for at least 12 hours a day :happy: I love the extra hours but can't stand listening to everyone around me bitch about how they don't want to work that much OT. :| During the first 2 nights of Passover we're scheduled 15 hours a day. :crack:

^ Tell them they could always not get paid OT for it and have to flex it out like we do now :happy: :|

I'm kind of happy that my sister isn't as much of a U2 fan as I am - she doesn't mind me buying crappy, cheap seats for the Tampa show. I can't afford the good ones tomorrow. I appreciate all these pre-sales but could they be spaced out over a couple of paychecks? :reject:

^ Tell them they could always not get paid OT for it and have to flex it out like we do now :happy: :|

I'm kind of happy that my sister isn't as much of a U2 fan as I am - she doesn't mind me buying crappy, cheap seats for the Tampa show. I can't afford the good ones tomorrow. I appreciate all these pre-sales but could they be spaced out over a couple of paychecks? :reject:
I was just reading that Van Morrison is charging $350 for the best seats at his shows :happy:

Vancouver presale :up:

I got my pair of tickets :applaud:

Saving my 2 others for a 2nd Vancouver show ~ oh please :)

I worked last night, I have to try and sleep now, but I'm so excited :dance:

do we need to sign up for livenation or whatever it is to get our tickets? My shows haven't been announced yet so I'm kind of out of the loop. But I should probably do that soon!

I am not looking forward to tomorrow. I have always greatly disliked April Fools Day :crack:
More work stuff happening too.

work stuff on April Fools day :down:

I will say it again, 2009 can go away now.

Just did something to try to pick up the mood............the something worked and if things were better $$$$$$ wise I would do it.....but it is nice just to know that I could have :)
Off to find a funny movie or tv show :wave:

I am not looking forward to tomorrow. I have always greatly disliked April Fools Day :crack:
More work stuff happening too.

work stuff on April Fools day :down:

I will say it again, 2009 can go away now.

I have not "celebrated" April Fools Day since, like, 5th grade. I work in a department of 4 people, including one supervisor. J was ALL ABOUT the three of us calling in sick as an April Fools joke, and tried planning it with us two weeks ago. :huh: I think she was disappointed when she was met with nothing more positive than, "Hmmm..."

^Hmmmmmmmmm :|
Seems like a appropriate response.

I survived yesterday :up:
The rumored work stuff didn't happen yesterday so we are all wearing faces like :uhoh:
Mngr was asked about it and didn't confirm or deny

:happy: I owe $350 between 2 states :up: There goes a good chunk of my fed amount. I've NEVER EVER had to pay in. I don't get AZ taxes :tsk: I owe to MN because AZ is so goofy. I have to file as a MN resident and then they give me a credit for filing in another state. My sister did it all and I really don't understand any of it. I told her to just tell me where to sign and who to write the checks to :mad:

My phone died tonight so now I'm back to using my old ancient phone. It has an antenna on it :scream: I cannot check my email on it, which completely sucks because I get my emails like they're a text message from both of my email accounts. It helps keep me informed with the outside world while I'm stuck in a dungeon kitchen for 10 hours or more a day. I also do not have a single phone number for anyone at work. We use our phones like crazy at work to communicate so with the busy 2 weeks coming up starting tomorrow, this is not a good time for me to go around collecting numbers. I really don't have the money to spend on a phone right now....especially since I think my U2 tix are going on sale next week. :angry: I'm just thankful that I have my old phone to use or I'd really be screwed.......

One good thing from today......I found a vegetarian restaurant that I LOVE :love: and will be going back to. My sister has been mentioning it to me for a year but I never wanted to go. I keep hearing everyone at work talking about it. I figured if meat eating chefs were raving about the place then I better check it out. Love it :love:

*random post*

So today, I went to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch and I had the bestestesestt piece ever....and I thought of ARW.

lol

*leaves*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom