Pearl Jam Discussion Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not that I expect anyone to care, lol. But I covered “Waiting for Stevie” during my show with my little side trio last night and people were really vibing with the song.

Not that I expect anyone to care, lol. But I covered “Waiting for Stevie” during my show with my little side trio last night and people were really vibing with the song.
Is the drummer OK?

He looks and sounds old in that clip.

I listened to the album and really enjoyed a few tracks - Waiting for Stevie is indeed sensational (reminded of Eddie by RHCP - another old band making a really fucking great song in reference to a huge figure), I really liked Wreckage too. Won't Tell is great, just a U2 song. I'd be happy to hear these tracks live. I don't think I'll ever listen to the album again.

I've listened to very little live Pearl Jam, so I have nothing to compare it to, but my first impression was that Eddie sounded great for being near 60. Maybe its just Howard Stern's studio. They always seem to have a really great sound mix on the clips.

Last edited:
They weren't in Howard's studio, they were in their own rehearsal space at PJ HQ in Seattle. 6AM no less.
Oh shit. That was a sweet spot to rehearse. Ok, so after listening to Dark Matter at least 30 times, this album is now one of my favorites. There's not one song that I would skip and I have several favorites.

Here is my Top 5:

1- Stevie
2- Got to Give
3- Setting Sun
4- Won't Tell
5- Upper Hand

The other 6 are great too, but you gotta have a Top 5, right?

To put it simply: This album kicks motherfuckin' ass!

Oh shit. That was a sweet spot to rehearse. Ok, so after listening to Dark Matter at least 30 times, this album is now one of my favorites. There's not one song that I would skip and I have several favorites.

Here is my Top 5:

1- Stevie
2- Got to Give
3- Setting Sun
4- Won't Tell
5- Upper Hand

The other 6 are great too, but you gotta have a Top 5, right?

To put it simply: This album kicks motherfuckin' ass!
Big fan of the last 2 songs as well. Stevie might have become a classic Pearl Jam song. The guitar solo just kills.

I agree. I think this album is top tier in their career.

Back
Top Bottom