Official Pre-Sale Info - U2.Com - GENERAL DISCUSSION & INFO Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah if you're a subscriber you should be getting the presale emails. Have you updated your contact info at u2.com?

Ahh..well this from U2.com:

Q - How do I gain access to the U2.com Tour Ticket presale?
A - To gain access to the U2.com Tour Ticket presale you will need your unique and personal Presale Access code that has been allocated to you as an eligible current Subscriber of U2.com. You will be notified of how and when to access the presale ticketing pages via email. The presale ticketing pages FOR EACH CONCERT will also be available via the tour pages of U2.com once the presale for that concert has started.

So it looks like even if I'm getting no email, I'll be okay. Maybe. :uhoh:

Oh, and sorry for derailing the thread momentarily. :reject: :D

Has anyone tried to get GA and seats for the same show in a presale? (I want 2 seats and 1 GA) What happened?

Has anyone tried to get GA tickets for more than one show in the same presale? To what end?

Has anyone tried to get GA and seats for the same show in a presale? (I want 2 seats and 1 GA) What happened?

Has anyone tried to get GA tickets for more than one show in the same presale? To what end?

In the US you can use your presale code whatever way you like as long as you only get 4 tickets with the same code.

For Europe, it shouldn't be a problem to get a seat and a GA as long as you're within the 4 tickets and it's all for the same show.

I guess I'm not clear on what the doubt actually is. :shrug:

Sorry I'm not making myself clear. I just wonder if, by the time I get my husband and son their seats, will there still be GA left?

Then of course, I still want to get 1 GA for another city that will probably be on sale the same day. My concern is that, if they're selling out in minutes, by the time I get the first set of tickets, all the other ones will be sold out. Does that make sense?

Sorry I'm not making myself clear. I just wonder if, by the time I get my husband and son their seats, will there still be GA left?

Then of course, I still want to get 1 GA for another city that will probably be on sale the same day. My concern is that, if they're selling out in minutes, by the time I get the first set of tickets, all the other ones will be sold out. Does that make sense?

I'm pretty sure it would have to be done in two separate transactions, and like you said, time is of the essence. Would it be possible for your husband to try on one computer, and you on another?

Best alternative would be to have someone help you. If that's not feasible and it were me I'd probably try for the GA first and then the seats.

I mentioned this in the Zoo...

Anyone else curious as to why they didn't do tiers for the 2nd Toronto presale, while they have in Europe?

I mentioned this in the Zoo...

Anyone else curious as to why they didn't do tiers for the 2nd Toronto presale, while they have in Europe?

Probably because so many Breathe and Boots members got shut out in the presale for the first show. And, I would imagine that by then, many Horizon codes were used up, anyway.

Hmm. I'm spreading my Horizon code across a few shows. Kinda crap if the "seniority" only counts as a first crack for the first-listed shows. Timing could've been a part of it, but in that case it could've been a Saturday Horizon access til a certain time. Then Breathe and Boots on Sunday.

Hmm. I'm spreading my Horizon code across a few shows. Kinda crap if the "seniority" only counts as a first crack for the first-listed shows. Timing could've been a part of it, but in that case it could've been a Saturday Horizon access til a certain time. Then Breathe and Boots on Sunday.

It doesn't really matter though. Good seats and GAs are plentiful in this presale.

Didn't use presale code/didn't know about presale

I didn't know the presale had started and didn't get an email from u2. Does anyone know if I'll be able to use it for the 2nd leg or is it wasted?

Thanks,

Andy

Hmm. I'm spreading my Horizon code across a few shows. Kinda crap if the "seniority" only counts as a first crack for the first-listed shows.

How is it crap if it definitely helped? My friend is Horizon and easily pulled 4 GAs for our show. The Breath members also got GAs. I only heard of 2 or 3 Boots members getting GAs in our presale. I could not pull a single GA (I'm Boots). I did buy some seats as a backup, but they were no better than the seats I was pulling for the venue presales. So tomorrow morning is the clincher for me, my membership hasn't helped me one bit yet. As far as the added Toronot show, it looks like everyone here, regardless of group, got the tix they wanted in the all-group pre-sale for the second show. I've yet to hear of any Horizon members that did not get anything they wanted, all the ones I know got what they wanted in both presales (or just the first one for the non-Toronto shows).

So the likelihood of getting GA 4 this tour if U're either BOOTS or wait till the general on-sale here in the US is???? Any ideas yet?

So the likelihood of getting GA 4 this tour if U're either BOOTS or wait till the general on-sale here in the US is???? Any ideas yet?

Your best shot is if there's a 2nd show in the market. The presale for that show will most likely have less folks competing for tickets. Still a better chance than the onsale, at least from what I've seen today.

Is the presale for Giant 9/25 open tomorrrow for all three ...Horizon, Breath and Boots?

No, it's tiered like the others:

Tues. 10AM local venue time - Horizon
Wed. 10AM EDT/9AM CDT/8AM MDT/7AM PDT - Breathe
Wed. 6PM EDT/5PM CDT/4PM MDT/3PM PDT - Boots
Presale ends Thursday 5PM local venue time.

No, it's tiered like the others:

Tues. 10AM local venue time - Horizon
Wed. 10AM EDT/9AM CDT/8AM MDT/7AM PDT - Breathe
Wed. 6PM EDT/5PM CDT/4PM MDT/3PM PDT - Boots
Presale ends Thursday 5PM local venue time.

Thank you !

I'm looking at getting tix for Vancouver but i can't decide if I should bother with the presale. I am not looking for GA or the really expensive seats..probably just the $97 seats. Do you experts think there is a point in bothering with the presale then?

Your best shot is if there's a 2nd show in the market. The presale for that show will most likely have less folks competing for tickets. Still a better chance than the onsale, at least from what I've seen today.

Damn... going 2 the one & only Tampa show, and trying 2 figure out if it's worth me renewing my membership from a few years back (Which would put me in the BOOTS group) or just take my chances date of general sale....

Damn... going 2 the one & only Tampa show, and trying 2 figure out if it's worth me renewing my membership from a few years back (Which would put me in the BOOTS group) or just take my chances date of general sale....

If you're leery of forking over $50, you can always try during the "bundle" presale and see what tix you land. But by then, you would've missed the chance at the (slightly) earlier presale. These shows have sold out quickly so far. Ultimately, what is the chance at seats worth to you?

Back
Top Bottom