NBA 2023-24 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blowing-kisses-muah.gif
1711548484050.png

The whole culture of gambling within sports is really gross. A lot of gambling companies over here have pivoted to making content (and a lot of their content I find quite funny, too) because their overt gambling ads were starting to be looked down upon.

I enjoy having a punt here and there but the culture is gross and it's starting to change here in Australia, a lot more people are anti-it now. I don't mind it at all being legal, because I like to bet here and there, but the advertising of it I think should be completely banned. We've completely banned any advertising of cigarettes over here - even the individual packs of smokes here now all have generic, boring branding dominated by warnings, and I'd like to see the same for gambling.

But Headache, I hope you also believe that drugs should be legalised too... if we're pro harm minimisation and surfacing shady stuff into the light.
we're inching a bit too far into FYM territory here... but i would say there's a difference between legalizing something that is fine for most people but harmful for some, vs. legalizing something that is harmful to anyone who takes it.

not everything is black and white, 1s and 0s. there are shades of gray here.

i am definetly in favor of legalization of marijuana. harder drugs - yea, i don't think letting people take crystal meth legally is the way to a more fair and equitable society - but happy to discuss it further in FYM if you care to create a thread.

When you think about it, it begs the question, "why don't we talk about play in teams more?"

that would be the game that the raptors would take over the "longest losing streak ever" that the pistons set earlier this year.

it's not gonna happen though. toronto might lose out the rest of this season because there's a lot of injuries/missed games and they're actively trying to tank now, but they won't start next season 0-6 with a fully healthy team.

Ugh, Randle is done for the season.

Of course we can't have nice things.

Fuck the Heat.

yeaaaa about that

i still don't necessarily think it's doc's fault. the roster is poorly constructed. they weren't going to do anything regardless with three guards who can't defend.

but, uh, yea.
And the recent injuries. I'm actually fine with Doc being coach next year just to keep some continuity.

And the recent injuries. I'm actually fine with Doc being coach next year just to keep some continuity.

despite the record - it was clear that they had issues under Adrian Griffin - defensively and with the locker room, specifically GIannis. i mean the whole team danced during pregame intros the day after he was fired. something wasn't working.

any time you take over a new team and try to institute your own ideas to fix whatever was broken? yea, things aren't going to be peachy at first. and they weren't. but then they turned around and things looked great.

i get that they've had injuries - but shit nobody's been bitten more by the injury bug than the Knicks and they're still improving.

i still put the blame on the roster. putting together three guards who can't, well, guard is not goin to work. and not making sure that holiday was sent to a third team out west was an absolute bonehead of a mistake.

that said... they're still sitting in the 2 seed. which is crazy. but doc has a losing record with the bucks - and this far in? ehhh jeez that's a problem.

alas - i think you're right that doc deserves to come back and work from scratch, with his own staff.

Nobody seems to want the 2 seed in the East.

the seeding battles are crazy in both conferences... 9/10 in the east aside.

(side note - fix the play in... every team .500 or better makes the play in. any team with a less than .500 record does not. tell chicago and atlanta to GTFO)

if you're the 2 in the east you're probably getting Philly in the first round. seems like the ideal spot to be in is the 3 - where you can both avoid boston until the ECF and avoid Milwaukee/Philly until the semis.

out west? sheesh... obviously you want to avoid Denver if possible - but with the top 3 seeds still in flux it's damn near impossible to even try and play for seeding.

but if you end up in the 7/8 game and Denver is the 2 seed... are you better off winning? or are you better off losing and taking your chances in the second play in game to try and get the 8 seed and either minnesota or OKC?

7 days to go...

remaining strength of schedule - strongest to weakest

1. Milwaukee .663
2. Washington .654
3. Phoenix .638
4. Charlotte .613
5. Utah .593
6. Orlando .562
7. Portland .551
8. New York .534
9. Sacramento .532
10. Memphis .522
11. Toronto .516
12. Atlanta .514
13. Clippers .510
14. Oklahoma City .510
15. Lakers .496
16. New Orleans .492
17. Brooklyn .489
18. Minnesota .482
19. Detroit .473
20. San Antonio .471
21. Houston .468
22. Indiana .455
23. Golden State .450
24. Miami .429
25. Denver .413
26. Dallas .410
27. Boston .406
28. Cleveland .387
29. Chicago .383
30. Philadelphia .383

Milwaukee and Phoenix have especially brutal schedules... Milwaukee faces Boston, OKC and Orlando (twice). Phoenix has Minnesota, the Clippers twice, and Sacramento.

NBA's going to come out firing post NCAA tourney

key head to head seeding games left

Milwaukee vs Orlando twice
Phoenix vs. Sacramento
New Orleans vs Sacramento
New Orleans vs. Lakers
New Orleans vs. Golden State
Golden State vs. Lakers
Denver vs. Minnesota
Indiana vs. Cleveland

7 days to go...

remaining strength of schedule - strongest to weakest

1. Milwaukee .663
2. Washington .654
3. Phoenix .638
4. Charlotte .613
5. Utah .593
Hey at least we’re 5th in…something.

It’s been a terrible season and this team is not much fun to watch. A projected weak upcoming draft isn’t helping.

Since it doesn't look like Philly will likely finish in the 8th seed, I want to see a Boston (1) vs Miami (8) and Bucks (2) vs Philly (7) first round.

Though I think the Bucks could fall from #2 pretty easily. They have Orlando twice, OKC and Boston.

Hey at least we’re 5th in…something.

It’s been a terrible season and this team is not much fun to watch. A projected weak upcoming draft isn’t helping.
It's wild to me how fast time flies. It feels like a month ago since I watched opening night with you, and a whole regular season has happened since. I thought the Jazz would do worse than they did, though.

Anyway, very excited about the Beam's chances in these playoffs. I think we win the West, if not the title.

Back
Top Bottom