NBA 2023-24 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last night I watched a full Chris Paul game for the first time, and my god, that guy is the worst defender I've ever seen. Darius Garland was making him look like an absolute fool all night.

Hard to believe he was ever on all-defensive teams. All I could think of was Pat Beverly comparing him to a traffic cone. I don't see how a guy like that could ever get significant minutes in playoff games; any moderately skilled guard is going to cook him.

let's start by saying that cam reddish sucks. everyone's waiting for him to be a good player, but he's on, what, his fourth team already? in four years?

https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1722454838892790063

i'm also a bit tired of hearing about Austin Reaves. like - come on. he's a nice role player - but they're talking about him in LA like he's somehow the third star.

13 ppg, 29.7% 3pt

Rui - i watched him up close and personal for 3 years. what i saw was a guy who would always show you JUST enough to be enticed about his potential, while never actually ever reaching that potential. to borrow a very played out phrase - the dog, it ain't in him. maybe LA & lebron can bring it out of him. but i have my doubts. what he did last year lines up exactly with what he did with the Wizards. He'd look amazing one day, and then disappear for a week. his percentages and advanced stats actually went DOWN when he came to LA. to me he's always been fools gold, and i think that's exactly what he'll be in LA. he might drop 30 on opening night, and then put up 3 games in a row of 8 points. but the 30 will get everyone fired up about how good he could be. pass.

Rui in 4 games...

6 points, 7 points, 11 points, 24 points (in a blow out loss)

which brings us to LeBron and AD. the lakers will be as good as the health of those guys. you betting the house on that? didn't think so.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1722319963313017025

lebron's minutes limit lasted exactly one game.

the lakers? they fucking suck.

Delly is top 30 in both points and rebounds for Melbourne United in the NBL, and top 10 for assists by the way. Can think of plenty of teams who could use that output.

There is a perfect illustration of the difference between Aussie B-ball and US B-ball, thanks Cobbler.

Dirtydova is a top 30 player in Australia's top league, but in the US he couldn't get off the bench for a middling team.
It's like comparing Kids in the Kitchen to the Beatles.

Philly: Whew, Harden is gone, finally the chaos is over

Kelly Oubre:
my-turn-okay-my-turn.gif

It's a strange one.
Story was he wasn't hit by the car but was hit by the side mirror as the car sped by, so maybe that is something you don't notice on surveillance video. Otherwise, dude is trying to cover up getting injured in some other off court fashion.

Back
Top Bottom