NBA 2022-23 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[emoji1063]

f6818c58-8140-4c47-870e-3b0ecaf11d72_text.gif

God they make it very difficult to understand the standings.

We finished 10th, quite disappointing, but not as nearly as disappointing as the much-vaunted Team USA finishing FOURTH. Can't handle tough, physical, FIBA ball (as seen in the loss to Germany) and aren't even the best team in North America.

LeBron James, a three-time Olympian, two-time gold medalist and the NBA’s all-time leading scorer, has so strong an interest in one more Olympics that he is ready to commit for next summer and has also called multiple stars to essentially recruit them to join him with USAB in Paris, multiple league sources told The Athletic.

James has spoken to Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis, Jayson Tatum and Draymond Green, and they are all prepared to commit as well.

"bitch ass"

Ultimately FIBA is doing themselves a disservice by holding the World Cup and Olympics in back to back years. I get it - they're trying to avoid competing with the FIFA World Cup. But, uh, yea - you're never getting all of the stars out for back to back summers. It's just not happening - and let's be frank, in the US? The Olympics means a lot more than the World Cup. I understand that's not necessarily the case elsewhere in the world - but it certainly is here.

But it's not just the US... Canada was missing Murray and Wiggins, Serbia got to a finals without Jokic. Greece was certainly missing a fairly large piece to their roster.

And who can forget Australia missing known "non bitch ass" players like Ben Simmons and Kyrie Irving.

Last edited:
After what happened to Gallinari last year, I was quite pleased when Porzingis opted out of this silly FIBA exhibition with a supposed foot injury. Word is that part of his 2 year extension was a wink wink nudge nudge that he won't play in that silly FIBA exhibition so as to not risk injury.

Don't know why any NBA team would want their players regardless of nationality playing in that silly exhibition and risking injury. Their teams are paying them 10s of millions per year in salary, the Australian Prime Minister (Andy floating buck nekkid in an inner tube) isn't financially invested in the players.

I hate losing Holiday though but the Bucks needed to do something to increase their offensive power.

I actually started getting really pissed about Jrue being part of the trade but then realized that he only had 1 year left on his deal. Just not sure how the PG position will look for the Bucks and they lose some Defense. But fuuuuuck, Lillard, Middelton, and Giannis.

And keeps Giannis in Milwaukee, I'm sure he pushed for this and I'm ok with that. If this trade keeps him here for another 5-6 years or whatever, it's well worth the risk.

Wowee. All this talk over the last few months about Portland owing Dame for his loyalty over the years - they put him in the absolute best chance to get a ring. Giannis and Dame has to be the best duo in the NBA now.

I mean, somehow all Milwaukee gave up was Holiday, Grayson Fucking Allen plus one 1st and 2 pick swaps for Lillard. That's pretty good.
Phoenix clearly just wanted to dump Ayton's salary, cause they got mostly chum back (Nurkic is decent, the rest including piss ant Grayson Fucking Allen is worthless).

And while this clearly makes the Bucks a big challenge for the 2024 NBA champion Celtics, I am quite pleased Pat F'in Riley didn't land Lillard.
Really thought a bag of used jock straps would be enough? Sorry Adrien Brody lookalike.

I mean, somehow all Milwaukee gave up was Holiday, Grayson Fucking Allen plus one 1st and 2 pick swaps for Lillard. That's pretty good.
Phoenix clearly just wanted to dump Ayton's salary, cause they got mostly chum back (Nurkic is decent, the rest including piss ant Grayson Fucking Allen is worthless).

I would have preferred we traded Middleton than Jrue but you obviously can't get things for free. This will also open up a lot of open shots for Khris. Like you said, can't believe that's all Milwaukee had to give up.

Jrue stealing the ball and alley ooping to Giannis in Game 5 against the Suns will always have a place in my Blondie hating heart.

Yeah the loss of Holiday is a big big deal. You gave up one of the best defensive guards in the league for a defensive non-entity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom