NBA 2022-23 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does neither.

It's not a great trade for either team, to be honest. The excuse the Wizards have is that the previous regime gave Brad the worst contract in the history of professional sports, allowing him to dictate the terms and conditions of the inevitable trade.

For Phoenix? Hey, it's splashy, but it doesn't necessarily make them better. Beal is younger Paul, but he isn't a facilitator, plays no D, and has also dealt with injury issues of late

Yeah, I see no logic for either side with this move. Who runs the point for PHX?
What good are a bunch of 2nd round picks to the Wiz in a rebuild?
I guess PHX got the better of the deal because they got the only real piece, but the fit isn't there. I assume they figure they can get a point guard either by trading Ayton (word is they want Brogdon but C's have no interest in Ayton due to the contract) or get a veteran minimum guy.
Hard to believe the Bullets couldn't get a single first round pick (the likelihood of any swaps conveying seems small depending on what years they are for) for Beal.

I assume they figure they can get a point guard either by trading Ayton (word is they want Brogdon but C's have no interest in Ayton due to the contract) or get a veteran minimum guy.

Anyone in the West who sees themself as a contender has to be thinking about mitigating Jokic first and foremost. Without a true center on the team like Ayton, Jokic will go for 50-30-20 every night or something even more absurd than he already does.

Also, I would like to consign the talking point "Is x Chris Paul's best chance for a ring" to oblivion.

Anyone in the West who sees themself as a contender has to be thinking about mitigating Jokic first and foremost. Without a true center on the team like Ayton, Jokic will go for 50-30-20 every night or something even more absurd than he already does.

Also, I would like to consign the talking point "Is x Chris Paul's best chance for a ring" to oblivion.
My one critique of this would be to say that Jokic would put that up against Ayton, too.

Depth, defensive versatility, on and off the ball movement... this is what is shown to be a winning formula in the NBA of late.

The Suns didn't check any of those boxes with this move. Will be interesting to see how they build out the roster from here. The new CBA rules will make it really really hard on teams that go all in like this. As they're put together now, assuming vet minimum guys fill out the roster? Yea they're not better than Denver.

So I think the only chance they have is to trade Ayton for two to three quality players and hope they can get enough veterans at the minimum to balance it out.

It's either going to work, or be an epic disaster.

Who was it that offered Ayton that massive contract, Indiana? Why Phoenix matched that given how lukewarm on him they have been is hard to understand.

Who was it that offered Ayton that massive contract, Indiana? Why Phoenix matched that given how lukewarm on him they have been is hard to understand.
Yes it was Indiana.

My guess is that management had different opinions than Monty Williams (or CP3 for that matter).

It's also possible that they matched strictly so that they could trade him somewhere down the line rather than lose him for nothing.

Draymond Green declined his $28 million player option?

I mean I get it he’s 33 and this is his last opportunity to get a longterm contract worth anything at all, but one must imagine his decline in production will make teams timid.

Also please don’t bring that fucker to Miami.

Draymond Green declined his $28 million player option?

I mean I get it he’s 33 and this is his last opportunity to get a longterm contract worth anything at all, but one must imagine his decline in production will make teams timid.

Also please don’t bring that fucker to Miami.
I have to imagine that if he declined that he has a guarantee from someone for something long term - which I take to mean either the Warriors or the Lakers.

He is such a red flag to me. Like I feel like he’s about to full on not be capable of starting or maybe even staying in the NBA within 2-3 years.

what's good danillo

youre-a-wizard-hagrid.gif

Last edited:
Is the goal for your Wiz to be 0-82 next season?

Over the last few days they've lost Beal, Kuzma and Porzingis from a roster that went 35-47 and replaced them with Landy Shamet, the ghost of Chris Paul who they will likely unload, Tyus Jones and a bunch of 2nd round picks.

When you lived in NY, you would turn on your TV or radio and constantly hear "Nobody Beats The Wiz!", now in DC looks like the rallying cry will be "Everybody Beats The Wiz!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom