eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
giphy.gif

Hopefully a few changes tonight. Just can't comprehend why they bury Little Things. For me the best song on the album by far.

And best song they've put out in who knows how many years. It's baffling.

It's baffling.

It's U2.

A show supporting SOE that excludes Little Things, Red Flag Day and Summer of Love....can't even imagine the thought process. At least I got to see Little Things in Foxborough last year.

Maybe Red Flag Day tonight (which will bump Gloria unfortunately, much rather it bump acoustic Best Thing).

And they really should tweak that encore, just add something between One and Love is Bigger (Bad of course would be ideal, but any good song).

It's U2.

A show supporting SOE that excludes Little Things, Red Flag Day and Summer of Love....can't even imagine the thought process. At least I got to see Little Things in Foxborough last year.

Maybe Red Flag Day tonight (which will bump Gloria unfortunately, much rather it bump acoustic Best Thing).

And they really should tweak that encore, just add something between One and Love is Bigger (Bad of course would be ideal, but any good song).

Totally agree - red flag day and summer of love should be in there.

That being said, this set is super tight to me.

Was at Boston last night and even though I saw the exact same set as Montreal 1, it was way more intense last night. I even enjoyed Get out of you own way last night - it actually felt like it had some substance.

But in saying all that - this is not their best song selection for a tour by a mile. While it works as a narrative, there are more spots for flexibility and rotation than the band would have us believe.

It's U2.

Yeah, literally any good song here. It doesn't have to be something from TJT or UF if they want to be done with that, but they need something there.

It's U2.

They were really feeling the energy from the crowd last night. Was hoping against hope it would inspire them to do an impromptu performance of Bad before 13.

The thing is, I fucking loved the show when I saw it. But man, is this a boring tour to follow!

Yeah I had a great time last night & tonight (saw from both perspectives, GA last night and seats beside stage tonight), but 2 shows will suffice. And the show definitely limps across the finish line with that encore.

But majority of main set is great.
Show could be so much better with a couple very minor tweaks. But hey they gotta tell their "story".

By now everyone knows the story. I don't think even the most casual fan/person who just gets dragged there is going to leave wondering what happened to the story if they mixed it up.

Story to me equals their desire for predictability and sameness and excuse for that. I don't know how they don't get bored with it.

They could hand out a flyer that explains the story:wink:

Meh... It's sad on that it could be great with just a few minor tweaks.

The show itself is much better in person than on paper though.

One could say it's nearly great but there's something missing... amirite???

Agreed, it's both "meh" and "better (I don't know how much though) in person than on paper". (Basing on one show so far from 200 level.)

What exactly justifies $500 GA tickets for both MSG shows?

This is the price trend I am seeing at the last minute.

those are resale tickets and the price is set by the owner/broker. they can price them however they please. likely see a drop as you inch closer to showtime, but they'll hold out until somebody pays up.

Curious, of all the shows, which bootleg sounds the best? Or should I just wait for the Washington DVD rip?

Back
Top Bottom