Dalton and NSW's Beijing Olympics Thread - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ouch. I feel majorly bad for Tyson Gaye. :sad: So many expectations....

I'm happy Shawn Johnson won a gold medal and Nastia too, she was beautiful and Shawn is so cute and seems very sweet and a good personality and was wearing peace sign earrings. Shawn is 4'9" and Nastia 5"2" wow Nastia looks taller than that.

ok ... WHERE ARE THE SOUTH AFRICANS HERE ON INTERFERENCE??!?!?!?!

someone has to own up for the paltry medal tally for australia's second largest (and probably more fiercer) competitor in the commonwealth (after england/great britain). always wanting to have a piece of the australians whenever we fight it out in the rugby union, the cricket and the swimming (an olympic sport)

the medal haul (so far - and most likely final medal tally!) one silver medal?!?!?! thats paltry

the total medal tally is equal to that of afghanistan

and even the nation of tajikistan (find that place on a map - without googling) have more medals than both afghanistan and south africa COMBINED!

us4x100relayfailoj3.jpg

yeah that was pretty brutal when we dropped the baton in the 4x100.

US vs. Argentina basketball is on right now. I'm gonna watch.

I like Kobe Bryant.

ok ... WHERE ARE THE SOUTH AFRICANS HERE ON INTERFERENCE??!?!?!?!

someone has to own up for the paltry medal tally for australia's second largest (and probably more fiercer) competitor in the commonwealth (after england/great britain). always wanting to have a piece of the australians whenever we fight it out in the rugby union, the cricket and the swimming (an olympic sport)

the medal haul (so far - and most likely final medal tally!) one silver medal?!?!?! thats paltry

the total medal tally is equal to that of afghanistan

and even the nation of tajikistan (find that place on a map - without googling) have more medals than both afghanistan and south africa COMBINED!

Iceland has only 300,000 people total and they are at least tying South Africa in medals...guaranteed at least the silver and going for the gold in handball. :D

USA defeats Argentina!!!

We move on to face the Spaniards in the Gold Medal game on Sunday. We will defeat them.

When I was younger, I used to really care about Olympic Boxing. 1984, 88, etc, these teams had some great young talent. Now, I could not care less, for myriad reasons. It just sort of hit me today that I'd not seen a second of Boxing, nor did I really care.

I watched the stream of the USA v Argentina game, since NBC aired it on delay here.....

Carmelo Anthony bugs me for some reason. I don't like his attitude and I wish he wasn't on our National team.

Carmelo Anthony bugs me for some reason. I don't like his attitude and I wish he wasn't on our National team.

I cannot claim to be a huge fan, but, I am glad that he's on the team.

I wish that they had one more real power forward type, though...Howard and Bosh are solid, more than solid, but, Boozer seems lost when he has gotten some run....I'd have rather seen Tyson Chandler or Camby...someone to patrol the paint, rebound, block shots, etc....cos watching Tayshaun guard Scola was irksome.

There was something very breath-taking about Jamacia's 4x100 relay men's victory. Not just Bolt....the guy that ran before him was fucking flying, as was Powell on the anchor leg. And, Bolt is just amazing. What a fucking performance. An he just donated $50,000 for relief for the Sichuan earthquake victims.

Special two weeks, to me at least...first a week of Phelps, then Bolt.

And, if I may some active rooting for the USA...we've done nicely in a lot of team sports.....with a few finals coming up in the next two days (hoops for men and women, indoor VB for men and women, men's water polo, etc).

Oh, and BMX was not quite as bad as I anticipated.

That is all.

congratulations to aussie Matthew Mitcham. he prevents a chinese sweep of the diving events by winning the 10m after a perfect final dive.

he's also the only openly gay male athlete at these games.

Bolt is the fastest human I've ever seen.

Someone get that motherfucker a 49er jersey and get him into camp.

He's the fastest human anyone has ever seen.

You'd think he could be at least as good as Willie Gault was if he played in the NFL. Better than Nehemiah was. And Bolt's 6 foot 6, too, so QB's could throw him that little lob pass in the corner of the end zone like they do with Plaxico or Gates, let him go up and get it. Never happen, but, still, fun to think about.

Back
Top Bottom