a second brisbane show would have been better....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quadcaster

Refugee
hi guys

i was just looking on the ticketek website at all the sydney shows. now what i saw shocked me. still, sydney three is nowhere near a sellout. they have only sold out C and D seating and the rest is all still up for grabs.

now as a resident of brisbane, i would have loved a second brisbane show. having seen the sales of the sydney 3 show, im wondering why they bothered and didnt put on a second one here in brisbane. up here the band has a reasonable following and the show up here sold out in about half an hour. i personally know heaps of people who missed out on tickets and really want to go, and i have no doubt at all that if a second show were staged in brisbane that it would have sold out very quickly.

just thought id vent that, anyone agree?

cheers!
quaddy

How do you know Sydney 3 is so far from selling out?

Im going to Bris and all 3 Sydney shows, I would like to know how Sydney 3 is selling. Has there been much promotion of that show down there since the rescheduled shows?

I agree. I said before they even announced the 3rd show that they would have trouble selling out a third. Tickets seemed slow to sell from the word go.

They probably would have been better off doing a second show in Brisbane, as you say. If that were the case, they probably would have sold out fairly quickly because of the number of people who missed out on tickets to the first show.

I think most of the tickets sold for the third Sydney show have gone to people already going to one or both of the first two shows - otherwise, why would they have sold out all the worst tickets first?

Last edited:
I would have loved a second brisbane show.

Sorry.... just gotta add my little piece too....

I totally understand how you are feeling, but just be thankful you have at least one show. Spare a thought for those of us living in Perth who completely missed out on the tour and have to make the trek over east.

If Robbie Williams can sell out two shows in Perth this December.......makes you wonder what U2 could have done huh????

Re: Re: a second brisbane show would have been better....

U2 Bliss said:

Sorry.... just gotta add my little piece too....

I totally understand how you are feeling, but just be thankful you have at least one show. Spare a thought for those of us living in Perth who completely missed out on the tour and have to make the trek over east.

If Robbie Williams can sell out two shows in Perth this December.......makes you wonder what U2 could have done huh????

hmmm yer i see what you mean, i am thankful for one show up here and im flying around a bit to see them again which makes up for it

im just saying with this thread that for the band, i think it would have been a better move financially and for the fans that missed out up here ;)

Stadium is much smaller in Brisbane. Dare I say the number of tickets sold for Sydney 3 is probably more than a sellout of Brisbane 2. Equals $$$.

PS. Why are the shows not at the gabba? Is the Gabba not bigger/nicer than QSAC?

Nobody can complain about Aussie tickets being unavailable

Also, a 3rd night halfway through the final leg should have a more interesting setlist than a second night in the opening city

coolian2 said:
When is the Ashes test at the Gabba?

I'm suprised it isn't at Suncorp.

actually, the laws up here when the tickets first went on sale meant that NO concerts were allowed at suncorp. and then afew months later they change the law and allow for 3 shows per year there, and robbie williams (the wank) took 2 of them!!!!!!! :( U2 at suncorp woulda been awsome, i coulda walked there

U2FanPeter said:
Nobody can complain about Aussie tickets being unavailable

i dont think anybody was complaining mate....... and actually some people can complain, espesh in places like perth who miss out completely, and the people in brisbane who didnt get a ticket.......

quadcaster said:

actually, the laws up here when the tickets first went on sale meant that NO concerts were allowed at suncorp. and then afew months later they change the law and allow for 3 shows per year there, and robbie williams (the wank) took 2 of them!!!!!!! :( U2 at suncorp woulda been awsome, i coulda walked there

Lame.

I guess it would have been too much of an ask for them to dismantle the stage at ANZ Stadium and take it to Suncorp for another night!

coolian2 said:

Lame.

I guess it would have been too much of an ask for them to dismantle the stage at ANZ Stadium and take it to Suncorp for another night!

yeah ur telling me! very lame law :(

quadcaster said:
hi guys

i was just looking on the ticketek website at all the sydney shows. now what i saw shocked me. still, sydney three is nowhere near a sellout. they have only sold out C and D seating and the rest is all still up for grabs.

now as a resident of brisbane, i would have loved a second brisbane show. having seen the sales of the sydney 3 show, im wondering why they bothered and didnt put on a second one here in brisbane. up here the band has a reasonable following and the show up here sold out in about half an hour. i personally know heaps of people who missed out on tickets and really want to go, and i have no doubt at all that if a second show were staged in brisbane that it would have sold out very quickly.

just thought id vent that, anyone agree?

cheers!
quaddy

ahhh sudddup

love from perth

General admission also is now sold out for Sydney 3 - and from what I can see very few category B are left and will move into single ticket only status in a day or two. I work for a ticketing agency and Sydneysiders have bought over 160,000 tickets - 4 times what ANZ (QSAC) Stadium will hold. If anywhere else should get a show it's Perth.

I thought Ticketek stated that the first two Sydney shows sold a combined 150,000 tix, ie 75,000 each show. And seeing that C and D reserve and now GA are all gone for the third show, and virtually all B reserve as well, i would imagine that the number of Sydney tickets would be at least 200,000. This makes sense given that Telstra Stadium is a huge venue as well.

We are getting ever closer now!!!! Only 14 days till me first ever U2 concert!!!!!!!!!!!!

thatsnotmypuppy said:
If anywhere else should get a show it's Perth.

:yes: :yes:

Thanks for the support everyone - shame it won't happen...but its good to dream.

Saying that - I'm quite happy to offer my back garden for an intimate little acoustic show from U2 - will pay your airfares give you free accomadation if anyone can make it happen :wink:

adrball said:
:up: i still can't believe they left Perth out. :scratch:

Tell me about it :(

I'm assuming distance/transport/lack of venues/clashes with other tours - its the joys of living in the most isolated city in the world - No one wants to come here !

I have always seen U2 and other performers at ANZ stadium,
and I think they could have added another show to Bribane or did 1 for perth.

Perth always seems to miss out which is not fair.

and brisbane only gets 1 show.

Anz is okay for a outdoor venue, but if U2 return they will be doing Suncorp Stadium.

The sydney shows are overated.

What i meant is the sydney shows get all the great setlists etc,
where as the places where 1 show is done, does not.

( sorry guys im just peeved that we did not get another show thats all/ so i was being too cynical & alittle peeved off cause it always happens.

But IM not gonna say anymore cause I dont have money or time to see them else where.

IM still in the (90s with Zoo Tv, the best ever live show by anyone)

I shall give you all a wave at anz as I drive by, that day, actually i will probaly drive by on the monday just to see construction.

But this will be my last tour i reckon.

cya all

trayzee said:
What i meant is the sydney shows get all the great setlists etc,
where as the places where 1 show is done, does not.

( sorry guys im just peeved that we did not get another show thats all/ so i was being too cynical & alittle peeved off cause it always happens.

Oh, I wouldn't worry about things too much. Keep in mind this is the first show of the leg, and first shows tend to have some kind of unique element to their setlists as the band try to work things out. So while Brisbane only gets one show, we aren't getting the raw end of the deal ... unlike Adelaide. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom