US Politics XXXVIII: "Patriots" vs Reality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GFqdbD8WwAAXyGU

we really are setting up for a full on constitutional crisis and complete erosion of the rule of law... or, ya know, business as usual.

there is NO WAY the Supreme Court can rule in favor of Trump on the immunity issue or on the insurrection issue other than pure partisanship. all of the arguments being made - in both cases - quote conservative judges. the arguments are originalist in nature. it's clear and obvious.

so either SCOTUS rules that states are allowed to rule that Trump is ineligible to be on the ballot, and they argue that he does not have immunity... or we no longer have a functioning Supreme Court and the rule of law falls apart.

Happy 2024, folks! We're only getting started!
Yeah, I think this is the case that the Supreme Court is really not happy with having to take on because they know they're going to have to rule against Trump.

There is also a chance that the Supreme Court won't even take the case.

Yeah, I think this is the case that the Supreme Court is really not happy with having to take on because they know they're going to have to rule against Trump.

There is also a chance that the Supreme Court won't even take the case.
which would be a de facto ruling against him.

but they took the colorado case - which quoted Gorsuch in it's reasoning as to why Trump is ineligible - so hey, we'll see.

I don't see them touching the immunity stuff, though Trump will appeal. He will also take to his social platform to whine and remind those justices that they owe him!!

They could help him out and take it on only to give him more delay on the trial start date, but zero chance they'd rule he's immune. The DC Court return (though I felt it took way too long) appears to be worth the wait in how solid it is.

The 14A, that one I'm sure they'll find some bullshit weasel way out of saying he's still eligible. The case against Trump is very strong, and even uses SC justices opinions to prove it.

I do agree with CO and other states throwing him off. He participated in an insurrection. He doesn't need to be charged for it. BUT, this is the one decision that I could see really causing violence from his supporters. Egged on by Right Wing media + Russian/Musk bots. I don't think you can make a decision out of fear though. It should follow the law and constitution, and whatever happens, happens.

I wish the states would have waited to try to throw him off the ballot after he is convicted. The optics look a lot better.

How much lower can the bar go for American politics? It's never going to be perfect, but what we have no is beyond dysfunctional. It's embarrassing.

Are there examples of such a transformation of one political party to go from GOP to GQP?

Read an article where Russian bots are spreading the "civil war" message regarding Texax border, and yet we see the very same messaging from some of the GQP.

It wasn't an insurrection, but then Trump said it was an insurrection caused by Nancy Pelosi.

So it was or wasn't an insurrection?

The media is a fucking failure. I wouldn’t go as far as Trump when he called them the enemy of the people, but they are definitely a hinderance.

And Merrick Garland has been a failure to me. Yeah he’s not Billy Bar, but he’s come off as trying to be so impartial that he’s made partisan decisions. Special Counsel Hur used his report as a political tool for Trump and the media has just eaten it up vs reporting on the actual news that Biden and Trumps investigation are completely different.

Only saving grace i can see is that this is happening now and Americans attention span are 5-10 mins. Not sure the bullshit about Biden’s memory will be a thing by November. Not with Trump trial going on

Not just Trump, but most of the GOP too . Political motives only, no motive for real immigration reform which we do obviously desperately need.

Didn't Biden put VP Harris in charge of immigration and the border? What has she done, can anyone name one thing?

AG Garland should resign immediately after the election. I can't think of a single thing in his term that he hasn't screwed up in one way or another.

Last edited:
Garland chose Hur who’s a partisan hack. Why is it always a republican for these investigations? Is it illegal for a democrat to oversee ?

Every article on NYT is about Biden’s age and memory.

Not a thing about Trump saying if he loses “they” will rename Pennsylvania to something ???

Back
Top Bottom