The Police Tour '07 - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hewson said:
Just got an email from Best Buy, 2nd Fenway show presale Sunday for the 99.99987% of reward zone folks who got shut out of fenway 1:

Wow, tickets must be really selling fast if they are already adding a second Boston show before tickets go on sale to the general public for the first one. This might mean that almost all of the first Fenway Park show tickets were sold through the fan club meaning those that have decided to wait for the general on sale to the public will be unlikely to get tickets for the first show.

I've heard there are still plenty of fan club tickets available in Canada.

This was posted on the police tour website:

"16.02.07 Second Boston show confirmed for July 29...

The Police Tour Fan Club is happy to announce that The Police will be playing a second show at Boston's historic Fenway Park! The concert will be held on Sunday, July 29. The members-only presale will begin on Sunday, Feb. 18th at 2:00 pm local time. Head to ThePoliceTour.com on Feb. 18th to purchase your tickets.

The time for Ticketmaster bundle presales will be announced shortly."

So the Best Buy people this time only get a two hour headstart.

Allegra said:

Let's see here...that's not bad I guess for $94...I just don't want upper balcony...at least the AAC in Dallas isn't this big

MSG
ny5001a.gif

Dallas
4365s.gif

The AAC in Dallas is about the same size as Madison Square Garden for a concert. For the Madison Square Garden concerts U2 played, there were 18,655 people in attendance for each soldout show. The single AAC show in Dallas had 17,988 people for the soldout show there. So really, only a difference of 667 seats.

2 Fenway shows. Have the 2 shows at Wrigley in Chicago been confirmed?

One Vancouver ticket broker has rear stage arena tickets already for sale. It's also interesting to see how they do the breakdown on their fictional secondary market pricing:

www.showtimetickets.com/eventInstance.do?method=load&id=744149

Note: Some tickets on Sting's side are more expensive because they are in the "club section" with fancy restaurants selling $12 drinks and $40 shrimp platters. With delivery to your seat!!!

Any rumours of second nights in any of the arenas?

Last edited:
U2FanPeter said:
2 Fenway shows. Have the 2 shows at Wrigley in Chicago been confirmed?

One Vancouver ticket broker has rear stage arena tickets already for sale. It's also interesting to see how they do the breakdown on their fictional secondary market pricing:

www.showtimetickets.com/eventInstance.do?method=load&id=744149

Note: Some tickets on Sting's side are more expensive because they are in the "club section" with fancy restaurants selling $12 drinks and $40 shrimp platters. With delivery to your seat!!!

Any rumours of second nights in any of the arenas?

It depends how well tickets do during the on sale tomorrow for the public in Canada. It does not seem that nearly as many Canadians went into the pre-sales as they did here in the United States. There were still fan club tickets available in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver when the pre-sales ended. If the shows sellout instantly tomorrow, they will definitely be adding shows in Montreal, Vancouver and Toronto although they may not have a pre-sale for them if they add them tomorrow within an hour of the first shows going on sale.

The big question I have is where exactly is the line between where the $225 dollar tickets end and the $90 dollar tickets start in the Arena's. It looks like half the floor and half of the stands in front of the stage, about half up to the roof, are all $225. It may be a little greater than that on the floor and lower level.

I think a really great $225 seats, within 10 rows of the stage or in one of the nearby lower level sections might be worth it, but if your closer to where the $90 dollar tickets start than you are to the stage, it would probably be better to go with the $90 dollar tickets.

In the pre-sale, if you decide to go for $225's FIRST to see whats available, you risk not getting the best possible $90 seat that was available. But if you just go for the $90 dollar tickets FIRST, then it appears you'll either be high up near the roof if your in the first half of the arena near the stage, or in the back half of the Arena away from the stage.

STING2 said:

The AAC in Dallas is about the same size as Madison Square Garden for a concert. For the Madison Square Garden concerts U2 played, there were 18,655 people in attendance for each soldout show. The single AAC show in Dallas had 17,988 people for the soldout show there. So really, only a difference of 667 seats.

The difference I saw between the AAC and MSG during Vertigo was the steepness of the arena in Dallas. The AAC seemed more compact than MSG, but the 200 level in Dallas is extremely high up, it's almost like vertically you're going straight up. So you end up closer to the stage but much higher up than the equivalent section at MSG.

STING2 said:
It depends how well tickets do during the on sale tomorrow for the public in Canada. It does not seem that nearly as many Canadians went into the pre-sales as they did here in the United States. There were still fan club tickets available in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver when the pre-sales ended. If the shows sellout instantly tomorrow, they will definitely be adding shows in Montreal, Vancouver and Toronto although they may not have a pre-sale for them if they add them tomorrow within an hour of the first shows going on sale.

I think the Best Buy deal with their rewards card was different in Canada than it was in the US. They don't have cards here and not many people had signed onto the website before Feb. 1st.

CDN$120(USD$100) is rich for some simply for a "privilege" of buying early fanclub tickets.

The big question I have is where exactly is the line between where the $225 dollar tickets end and the $90 dollar tickets start in the Arena's. It looks like half the floor and half of the stands in front of the stage, about half up to the roof, are all $225. It may be a little greater than that on the floor and lower level.

Where have $225 balcony seats turned up? I've only heard of the 200 sections at MSG which is below the 300 sections.

Canada may have more higher price tickets to make up for the dollar for dollar rates.

u2fp

Last edited:
U2FanPeter said:

I think the Best Buy deal with their rewards card was different in Canada than it was in the US. They don't have cards here and not many people had signed onto the website before Feb. 1st.

CDN$120(USD$100) is rich for some simply for a "privilege" of buying early fanclub tickets.

Where have $225 balcony seats turned up? I've only heard of the 200 sections at MSG which is below the 300 sections.

Canada may have more higher price tickets to make up for the dollar for dollar rates.

u2fp

I've heard that 207 through 210, and the same equal sections on the other side of the arena are $225. Thats about half way up from the floor to the roof. There is a 200 level, 100 level, and then another level below the 100 level before you get to the floor. Above the 200 level there are 300 level and some 400 level. In some area's there is not a 400 level above the 300 level, meaning the 300 level is the top.

In Canada the entire floor was at the $225 price which converted to US dollars is $193.

STING2 said:

I've heard that 207 through 210, and the same equal sections on the other side of the arena are $225. Thats about half way up from the floor to the roof. There is a 200 level, 100 level, and then another level below the 100 level before you get to the floor. Above the 200 level there are 300 level and some 400 level. In some area's there is not a 400 level above the 300 level, meaning the 300 level is the top.

In Canada the entire floor was at the $225 price which converted to US dollars is $193.

The 100s and 200s are basically the same section at MSG, no aisle separates the two, Row A in the 200s is directly behind Row F in the 100s. There is only a bar between them, forcing the 200s to enter from one level up and go down, while the 100s enter on the level below and go up. The 100s and 200s only go up to Rows F and E while the XXs and 300s go up to Rows M and N each.

BTW, the "$225s" are actually $254 at MSG - a $29 NY markup, while the $90s and $50s only get a $4 NY markup.

Last edited:
I've heard that MSG has the highest rental rates of any arena in the world.

I also noticed that the cheapest tickets for the Canadian shows is CDN$59, rather than $50 as has been written on a couple places.

u2fp

ramblin rose said:

The difference I saw between the AAC and MSG during Vertigo was the steepness of the arena in Dallas. The AAC seemed more compact than MSG, but the 200 level in Dallas is extremely high up, it's almost like vertically you're going straight up. So you end up closer to the stage but much higher up than the equivalent section at MSG.

Thanks! :up:

That's what I meant to say. In the 300 level it's like looking over a cliff!

Well, its two hours into the public on sale of the July 22 show in Toronto at the Air Canada Center and tickets for the first show are long gone. A second show for July 23 has been added and tickets for that are gone as well, EXCEPT single seats at the $225 price and rear stage seats, but only singles.

Montreal does not appear to be on sale today and it does not have an on sale date yet. Vancouver goes on sale in 30 minutes.

STING2 said:
Well, its two hours into the public on sale of the July 22 show in Toronto at the Air Canada Center and tickets for the first show are long gone. A second show for July 23 has been added and tickets for that are gone as well, EXCEPT single seats at the $225 price and rear stage seats, but only singles.

Montreal does not appear to be on sale today and it does not have an on sale date yet. Vancouver goes on sale in 30 minutes.

Montreal's general sale is on today at admission.com - if you can get on, the site seems to be in meltdown at the moment. Bell Centre site says the opener is Fiction Plane (edit - Fiction Plane's site confirms that). Anybody know them?

Last edited:
Pop Artist said:

Montreal's general sale is on today at admission.com - if you can get on, the site seems to be in meltdown at the moment. Bell Centre site says the opener is Fiction Plane (edit - Fiction Plane's site confirms that). Anybody know them?

Fiction Plane is a 3 piece rock band. The lead singer and bass player is "Joe Sumner", Sting's first born son (Nov. 1976).

Yep, just found out about Montreal, but the site appears to be down.

Toronto shows still have some tickets available, but you have to go to the HOT SEAT GOLD option. Tickets are $425 dollars each with this option. I don't know what you get, but I think they bring you food and beer through out the show. There is a Silver Seat option priced at $260, but those appear to be soldout for both shows.

Ah, Sting's son. Figures.

Looks like Vancouver "sold out" in a flash, can only pull singles now, mostly behind the stage.

got me a pair of behind stage balcony cheapies for Vancouver!! That's good enough.

I got on right away and I was offered the last row on the floor for $225/pair. Umm, no thanks.

Still single Gold seats and back of stage plaza and balcony left at this point.

I can't justify $225 for a ticket for any band even U2. I am pleased to be in the building though.:wink:

Ok, I must amend this thought, front row seat tickets, maybe.

Last edited:
I have never been on TM when they add a second show. Do they add it on the hour after the first sale?

Are you going U2FanPeter?

I should be going to the first show of the tour. I don't hold a ticket, but I'll be able to pick a good single sometime in the next 3 months.

I anticipate scalpers overbuying for this market. Especially if Edmonton is given the rumoured a Stadium show on June 2nd.

U2FanPeter said:
Will Montreal or Vancouver be getting an extra show?

I can't get through that site to check, but I was under the impression that the 2nd Montreal show is already on sale and probably soldout or close to it.

Vancouver tickets went so quickly, but they may wait to see how Seattle sales, before adding a second show there.

Plus, if demand is unusually strong in Vancouver, there is a small chance for a show at the GM Place instead of a second show at General Motors. Also, there may be a conflict with Hockey for the second show at General Motors.

There is a rumor now on the Police Website that they will be playing Philadelphia in July at the Lincoln Financial Field which is where the Pro Football Team, the Philadelphia Eagles play.

This should make it easier for everyone to get tickets in the Philadelphia market.

trevster2k said:
I have never been on TM when they add a second show. Do they add it on the hour after the first sale?

Are you going U2FanPeter?

Usually, keep refreshing the main page and it should pop up if there is one.

Back
Top Bottom