"sula's Europe travelogue" email list...join if you're interested

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Well the time has rolled around again for what is becoming an annual ?sula dumps real life for the joy of backpacking in Europe? time of the year. :huh: Last year, I spent two months of the fall in Europe, some of it living at a community in the Swiss Alps, some of it just travelling. And I enjoyed my time so much that I am doing the same thing this fall, but for five months this time.

In any case, last time around I sent a sort of travelogue email to all my friends and buddies who were interested, as my time online is of course limited and expensive while I?m abroad. People seemed to enjoy them and I will be resurrecting the ?sula?s travel emails? in a week or so as I hit London and beyond. As my Yahoo account is almost completely full and gets spammed with about 20 junk emails a day, I have opened a new sulawesigirl account specifically for my travelling. The address is sulawesigirl@isic.org If anyone is interested in getting on my email list, please drop me a line at that address and I shall add you to it.

Sample from last year:

Italy is treating us well. Venice was spectacular. I think the highlight for me was feeding the pidgeons on Piazza de St. Marco. You buy a bag of feed for about a buck and then open it and watch yourself become the most popular person in the square. Pidgeons all over your feet, perching on your arms, shoulders, and head and eating out of your hand. lol. The cheapest thrill I have enjoyed in quite some time. Another cheap thrill was taking the public bus boat around the Grand Canal and seeing all the splendid palaces facing the water. That's the closest I'll be getting to a Venetian gondola ride as they run somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 to $100. My diesel chug-a-chug ride was all of $3! hehehe. Budget travelling indeed, eh?

Another thing I have been enjoying about Italy (and becoming rapidly addicted to in a bad way) is the gelato. It's not ice-cream...it is what ice-cream SHOULD be. Rich, smooth, creamy, and the most fantastic flavours. A good way to fritter away my extra lire. That and the cappacino...I swear I am never drinking American coffee again.

This morning we took the early train from Venice to Florence and are now staying at a villa converted into a hostel. It's absolutely beautiful, on a slight hill with a view of Florence and the Tuscan countryside, birds in the trees, a cool breeze, Rennaissance architecture, pillars, and fountains...and all for the rock-bottom price of $15 US. I love hostels! lol. Our major sight-seeing event of the day was seeing Michaelangelo's famous statue 'David'. It's way bigger than I had thought...at least 3 or 4 times the size of a human...perhaps more. And really quite perfect. I am still trying to figure out how one could carve something that well proportioned and detailed out of a hunk of hard marble. Guess that's why they call it genius.

Anyways, I'll shut up now and let you all get back to work or whatever it is you're doing on your respective sides of the globe. Hope everyone is well and that you get the chance to eat gelato in the near future. It's the closest to heaven I've been in a long time. ;)

Cheers! I guess I have to enjoy my last days here as a forum addict as my online time will be few and far between. :( But I am looking forward to meeting some of our European interferencers on my trip. :yes:

that should be easy

Gina Marie said:
I will join the list only if you kidnap Jude Law for me when you are in London :D

*makes note* Sure thing, Ginababe! :sexywink: But once I kidnap him...I may not hand him over, y'know.

Re: that should be easy

sulawesigirl4 said:

But once I kidnap him...I may not hand him over, y'know.

He was doing a play there-if he still is, you should see it :drool: :drool: :drool:

And if you don't hand him over, this is my ransom:madspit:

Mine, all MINE :D

exhibitpic3.jpg

hmmm, Viggo for Jude...sounds like a decent trade. :drool:

which play? I'll look into seeing it if I can. :yes:

The play is Doctor Faustus, but I don't know if it's running any more..don't think so :( The Jude web sites that I like to frequent :D said it was over there in April..

They want to bring it to NYC next year :drool: :drool: :drool:

you know my email address. y'know, write if you want, but i as a poor college student, don't want to hear all about europe and it's greatness whilst stuck in the wilds of south dakota ;)

oh and this is my 3000th post. that declares me a fool officially. so now i'm going to post....

mr-t.jpg

maybe I will also get a new account specifically for your travelling

so I'll get in touch

:adam:

Back
Top Bottom